gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95682 Posts in 10278 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 May 25, 2018, 05:22:57 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  Well it looks like I need a new motor....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Well it looks like I need a new motor....  (Read 1354 times)

Diesel_Dan

Well it looks like I need a new motor....
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:13:41 PM »
As I was taking the motor apart I found more metal chunks, so I dug deeper and took the whole thing apart this time and found out that the whole piston arm has broken right off the piston   :o.  I tried to take the piston and that piston cylinder right out so that I could replace it but it doesn't seem to want to come out. I tried to pull that piston right out with no luck so I pushed the piston down and tried to pull just the cylinder out and it moved up may be 1mm if that   :(  .

So does anybody know what the deal is?  Is there a special way to get that thing out or do I need a new motor?

If I do need a new motor what should I replace the HPI .25 with?  another HPI may be one of the bigger blocks or an after market one?  Like the Axial , ONFA , RB, or RACERS EDGE.........    any ideas would be great where I should go from here......

Thanks again guys 

ps:  with the amount of cash I've been putting into this Savage to get it going I probably should have just waited for the XL to come out and get that......   :-X

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
Re: Well it looks like I need a new motor....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 08:08:31 AM »
that cylinder is the sleeve. it will come out it's just tight. if you are careful you can pry it out, just work around the outside a litttle here, a little there type thing. the piston will go out the bottom. if it's tight that's a good thing. you can replace the con rod cheap enough.

the blown glowplugs could also have been caused by play in the con rod bushing at the bottom where it hooks to the crank. excessive play changes the compression at the plug and pops them. running it as lean as you did overheated the engine and probably over revved. combine the slop with revs and heat and snap. I bet you could get that motor going again for about $25

while you have the engine all apart, check the carb for play too. if the carb wasn't aligned properly to be pulled straight by the servo, it puts pressure on the side of the barrel and can wear the barrel or the carb body itself where the pin travels. then if all else is good, piston can't be pushed out the top of the sleeve (good compression) use some high heat exhaust gasket goop, I use permetex form a gasket self hardeneing (it never becomes a rock like aviators, that crap is cement) and put a litle bit on the carb intake and backplate to prevent air leaks.

if you don't know how old the fuel tubing is, replace that and a couple extra air filter elements that are oiled up is a good invesment too

Diesel_Dan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
Thank you for the detailed reply, I'll keep at it and see if I could get that sleeve out....

But if I'm not able to or if there is to much damage with motors do you think that I should replace that HPI 25 with?

Offline bajagord

• Need's a life!
  • Associated all the way!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:42:15 AM »
axel 32!!!
baja 5bss 30.5
xray truggy rb,21
xray808,v spec 21
jammin truggy crt1,os,30
jammin buggy,os,21
hyper 10 4x4
sc10 stock
sc10 brushless
rc8te brushless
1/5scale fg on road
ofna onroad hyper 21
venom king of shaves race boat with a 26
brushless mini cat hydro
blade msr&mcr
savage xl

Offline budcrawler

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
at least a .28, unless its going in a buggy,a .28 hpi or axial are the best bang for your buck, a .32 is a pig on nitro, but in a big heavy truck(savage) they are awsome.i got an axial .32 in my savage and it rocks, was too snakey for my buggy
livin the dream

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  Well it looks like I need a new motor....

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.061 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx