gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Nov11 for BC Remembrance Day. open again Tues Nov 14

gfx gfx
gfx
95658 Posts in 10263 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 19, 2017, 01:36:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  fg sportline
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: fg sportline  (Read 20640 times)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
fg sportline
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »
my new toy. been looking at 1/5 scale for a long time dreaming that one day i could afford it, and i just couldnt pass up the great deal pipeous was offering.

its going to be a while before i get this up and running, the motor is the first thing on the list, aside from that its really just a receiver and battery pack away from running. tires and a new body will be in the not so distant future.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:46:51 PM by Sharkey »

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
Re: fg sportline
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
ooh - do I see a drag car?  I've been hoping for years now that we could get enough guys interested to do some drag racing...
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:16 AM »
yea thats a drag car, ill start a thread on it

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
already made some changes. brakes are on, along with the duratrax firehammer front control arms and shock towers

i bought an hpi fuelie 26 off e-bay brand new for a very good price. engine mounts are already on order, need to order a clutch yet, and about the only other thing i need is a receiver pack.

Offline CarbonRich

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:39:01 PM »
looks like a good project, regarding our conversation earlier, it looks like 1/8 scale is the biggest bodies I will be able to make for abit. till I get a bigger oven for the vacu-former
I make Carbon things, feel free to ask if you need something, I am happy to trade work for RC stuff :)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 10:25:33 PM »
motor is now here. i had some issues figuring out what i needed to do to get the motor to fit correctly, however barry steered me in the right direction, what i needed was an fg clutch housing. after some creative fabricating i was able to rotate the cy/zenoah housing and have 2 bolts line up, and had to fab some brackets for the other 2. motor is now in the car, sorta, still waiting for a small mount and clutch. linkages are also built. i added a t-maxx receiver box to keep things tidy.

i still need to order a velocity stack and air filter, as well as a kill switch

Offline gunsmith

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 10:35:09 PM »
check ddm.. black friday sales in the usa are nuts rate now

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:59:17 PM »
i see that, almost with i had waited on buying the engine, innovative hobbies has the hpi 23cc for $100 brand new with carb and clutch

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 04:46:25 AM »
always...
well it's looking good. your turnbuckles are here to finish the front arms, I have that air filter, some other bits... you should be driveable shortly

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »
well, car is ready to drive. im still waiting for my parts to show up from innovative hobby (cleared the border a week ago, tracking info has no further updates, doh). i built myself an airfilter yesterday out of a pactra rattle can lid and a filter from a 47cc pocket bike, however being it snowed i didnt get to run it today. once my parts show up ill have a proper velocity stack and filter for it.

im starting to think about a body for it, with large scale alloy going out of buisness they have a killer deal on the mustang body, although i dont really know if thats what id want on the car for bashing. still need to get some tires, and im watching an e-bay auction to see if i can scoop a nice pipe up for cheap

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
its alive!!!!!!!

ok so it wasnt that exciting. the rest of my parts showed up this past week and i spent a couple evenings finishing it off. it was wet, but not raining and i wanted to get it fired and make sure everything worked alright before heading away from the garage. was amazed, it fired on the 1st pull and idle real nice on factory settings. took it up and down the road a couple times, i dont think it went straight for more than 3 feet, wet road covered in sand/salt along with tires on cords isnt much fun. however, everything seems to work as it should.

on a side note, i scooped a nice mielke side power pipe on ebay for $75. cant wait to get that here and see what it sounds like.

Offline pipeous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »
I can't wait to hear the new pipe. They are beautiful pipes

Offline CarbonRich

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 03:23:55 AM »
nice, can't wait to see it run
I make Carbon things, feel free to ask if you need something, I am happy to trade work for RC stuff :)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
havent had much chance to run it, been trying to get some runtime here and there. ive had to completly rethink the suspension just to even get some traction. the car really needs the proper springs, the thing sits way too high and is way too soft. tires are really needed as well, right now i gotta heat the hell out of them to get a little bit of traction. i still havent gotten near 1/2 throttle yet, all it does is spin the tires and do donuts. this is my first 2wd rc, and first 1/5 scale so its a giant learning curve driving it, i think i need to get a while new trigger finger. i thought running on carpet with rubber tires and a one way was hard, its a peice of cake compared to this thing, but im sure ill get it sorted.

pipe still hasnt showed up yet, doesnt look like it got shipped out when i was told it did (combined with the high shipping costs, this guy isnt going to get much praise from me with feedback). on another note, ive found a guy in the uk that parts out 1/5 stuff, new and used. ive found a bunch or the parts ive been looking for that nobody in north america seems to have in stock. hoping this time tomorow i have some more parts being shipped to me.

Offline pipeous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »
yup, simon's rc spares is good in uk. shipping is a little higher than some but he always ships fast and has a ton of stuff for sale.

Tires make the biggest improvement to setup. You need to get a good set of tires and it'll be a different world. 2wd is tough as it is, but cold and with bald tires makes for a really tough drive for sure. Even the FG slicks have to warm up before they give traction

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  fg sportline

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.053 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx