gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !!    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95658 Posts in 10263 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 19, 2017, 09:45:16 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Buy and Sell  |  RC Cars for Sale  |  Basic buying and selling guidlines. READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Basic buying and selling guidlines. READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Tee squared

• Need's a life!
  • Redline
    • View Profile
Basic buying and selling guidlines. READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:12:10 AM »
Just some insight I'd like to share with everyone here on buying and selling your used RC's...

#1 Winning an argument over price doesn't make it worth less. People price their used gear for what they think it's worth. Starting, and perhaps winning an argument over its price never entices the seller to give it to you for less. If you make a low-ball offer, than expect that it will most likely end up being rejected. If it is, handle the situation like an adult and accept your defeat. Sometimes you luck out and the buyer takes your offer, but most of the time they don't. If an item is overpriced, a lack of interest over time will be far more effective in lowering his price than telling the seller he's asking too much. Patience is virtue here folks!

#2 Learn some effective bartering skills. If you ever want to pay less than the asking price, you need to be strategic rather than combative. You can almost always pay less than the asking price if you know how to haggle. You will almost never pay less than the asking price by using the fatal words: "that's a rip off" or "Its worth less" and "I can get it on ebay for less." Idiotic statements like this usually end up ignored and rightly so! Try again, butch.

#3 Learn some decent English. This one is self explanatory. Most people won't take you seriously if you don't have decent written communication skills.

#4 Most potential buyers will skip over adds with the fatal words: "Serious inquiries only", "price is firm" (assuming you're asking top dolar), "No lowballers", or "don't waste my time." Sellers, if you want to sell your stuff, you need to understand that a vast majority of potential buyers will probably have additional questions, counter offers, or might simply just be looking, the first of which can be avoided by simply including as much information about your gear as possible. You also must understand that a majority of those who inquire about your gear will just be looking and won't end up buying your stuff. Hopefully among those just looking, somebody will be serious and buy your gear. If you can't be bothered to deal with anyone other than those tendering a cheque,  take it to a pawn shop and be prepaired to get hosed.

#5 Don't clutter for-sale adds; send a PM. Nuff' said!

#6 Protect yourself by making the buyer show you the product functionality before you hand over the cash. When selling a product, show your buyer that it works as advertised. Most of us are honest people selling honest products, but there are a few in between who are out to rip you off. If you agree to meet somewhere to buy a used product, and the product doesn't present as advertised, don't be afraid to turn the seller down. Buyers, you are NEVER under any obligation to buy anything for any reason. Sellers, be prepared get turned down while meeting up for any reason. If a buyer doesn't like what you're selling and turns you down, be mature about the buyers decision.

#8 Agree on a price before meeting up for the transaction. Both the buyer and seller should stick to this price at the point of sale UNLESS the product doesn't present as advertised. In the latter situation, it is more common for the buyer to simply refuse the deal unless both parties are prepared (or agreed to in advance) for additional bartering.

#9 Follow up on your deals! Let the buyer or seller know if you change your mind or loose interest. There is nothing more frustrating than a buyer or seller who promises a phone call or agrees to meet up at a specified time and plane and then never does. Be courteous and respectful of your fellow RCers and follow up on your deals, whether you are interested or not! Remember that every time you flake on a deal, some factory in China is assembling a defective product with your name on it! In other words, karma is a B****.

Happy dealin'!

T.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:57:38 PM by Tee squared »
T2

Offline buyzstuff

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Basic buying and selling guidlines.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:20:01 AM »
I'd like to add: If you are a Minor, and are vending online, Do not meet up with strangers without parental consent and their presence. Get your parents to finalize transactions.  Mom and Dad won't be happy to answer the door and have an adult ask for their child for a financial transaction.
Seeking MMP esc, MMM esc, Matching pair of high torque servo's (or single), Wraiths, Aluminium C's and Hubs for Axial first gen and OCP axles, Complete vehicles with low hours and a low price. W.H.Y.

Offline jelly

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 03:12:09 AM »
Oh and if you are planning to flake your seller, make sure u send them an SMS or call them to let them know... 
OMFG!!  I just hate flakers !!
Do not call before 2pm !!
Mobile : 778-898-4888

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:47:36 AM »
don't bother posting in a sale thread unless you are interested in buying the item(s). lowballing is a part of life sorry to say, and all you can do is say no thanks or make a counter offer. no argument or bashing needed from either party or outside opinions... I sold cars at a gm dealership and had guys trying to buy below dealer cost. they either offered more money or I pushed them into a cheaper model... 

epecially if there is no starting price... if it says offers. expect to hear anything from money, trades or crazy items like chewing gum and used kleenex. been there. had to mediate my share too.

just make a clear post with what you are selling, what is included, what you are asking and incl pictures somehow... then the bargaining begins. if it's a good deal, it will sell fast. if it isn't, it won't and the seller can adjust their price. people don't need to tell them it's not worth their asking price unless they want to buy it... because it might be worth the asking price to someone else.

Offline Tee squared

• Need's a life!
  • Redline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
I'd like to add: If you are a Minor, and are vending online, Do not meet up with strangers without parental consent and their presence. Get your parents to finalize transactions.  Mom and Dad won't be happy to answer the door and have an adult ask for their child for a financial transaction.

Lol, I'm guessing you're speaking from experience? Perhaps the seller ought to be more cautious with who he is dealing with :)
T2

Offline gwong

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
Good guidelines to follow and may I add...keep the boxes and manuals if possible makes the item more attractive to sell.

If you are involved in this hobby for awhile and done some dealing...you get to know who maintains their stuff and who doesn't.

To date I have been on the buyer, seller and trader side and all transactions were great and all parties were happy with the deal.

IMHO the biggest key to deals is be honest !!!

Gord

Offline buyzstuff

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

Lol, I'm guessing you're speaking from experience? Perhaps the seller ought to be more cautious with who he is dealing with :)
Yeah I got fooled. Didn't realize no adults were home til after. I asked about parental consent, but should have made sure and not just take the kids word for it. (I think he wanted money for gifts for their parents.) But after I realized that the parents probably weren't there It kind of rattled me.  Keep your kids safe, know what they are doing, get involved. Now I will definately talk to the parents on the phone to arrange details.  :P
Seeking MMP esc, MMM esc, Matching pair of high torque servo's (or single), Wraiths, Aluminium C's and Hubs for Axial first gen and OCP axles, Complete vehicles with low hours and a low price. W.H.Y.

Offline magnum

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
i sold my used rcs within 1 week mostly, all you need is fair price,honest and show the details with pictures.

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »
Some great info on here guys. Too many times I read someones ad and some poster has included "I can get it cheaper on ebay " or at such n such place online.
Remember everyone it is up to a potential buyer to do his or her homework on what they are buying and base their decision on the item they want to buys condition and usefulness. We are not here to warn others they can find that same item cheaper here or at this site over here. Buyer beware is a slogan that seems to have lost meaning. Slamming a seller for over pricing isn't allowed on here anyways. Items that are too expensive rarely sell if ever as stated so let the ad go idle. The seller will either sell it somewhere else , lower price or keep it. Remember folks , if you can find it cheaper somewhere else then buy it there and let the seller sit on his item till someone does buy it for asking price or it gets lowered.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline nanachachai

• postaholic
  • i know you're up to somethin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:46 PM »
i find as a seller...never do i sell anything to pay my rent.  No deal should be that important!   What i mean by that is i am willing to sit on something for as long as it takes...cuz i ain't giving it away!  I maintain my rc vehicles well,i keep my manuals and i'll make sure you are somewhat satisfied.  And if i can help... i will on a follow up.  i believe i am a responsible seller.
Nothing is worse than telling someone you're going to pick that up...and not follow thru!  At least be responsible enough to drop a p/m or email to the seller. 
AE B5RM/T4.2...Thanks to my sponsors: Go Go Hobbies,SOR Graphics and Venom RC....and forever grateful to my girl Sue.

Represented by Prestige Worldwide

"Asphalt is for getting there...Dirt is for Racing!"

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Buy and Sell  |  RC Cars for Sale  |  Basic buying and selling guidlines. READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.051 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx