gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 19, 2017, 06:57:01 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley  (Read 14979 times)

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »
Will it ever be open more than 2-3 days a week?

I am running basically on a volunteer basis, It is not intended to be a commercial track and therefore will only be open ( for the time being) twice a week. With that said, If we find the practice night doesn't work for the majority we could switch it to another night or if interest add another race night.

Basically I want to get this off the ground and then go from there, I am open to any and all suggestions put forth by the membership.

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
Does the new space have enough room to put a drifting area in one corner?  It would attract another segment and/or give guys something to do in between their heats.
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »
Hmm I may have to get an on road for winter mid week fun
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »
Does the new space have enough room to put a drifting area in one corner?  It would attract another segment and/or give guys something to do in between their heats.

The track and pits will take up most of the building. I am not to familiar with what drift needs but feel free and drop in and explain it to me.. If we can accomodate a drift night.. I would look at that.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 03:01:45 PM »
Hmm I may have to get an on road for winter mid week fun

:)

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 08:35:09 PM »
Oh, I'm not Mr.Drift - I was just tossing it out there.  I do have an HPI e10 that's good for not much more than drifting though...
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline John

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
Would it be possible to lower the practice fee?

maybe 5 bucks cheaper?
smoothie.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 01:27:20 AM »
Would it be possible to lower the practice fee?

maybe 5 bucks cheaper?

Hi John,

I will never say never and it is a great question but right now I have to stick to the set prices until we can properly evaluate the income from the track, remember we have comercial rent to pay+ Hydro and gas, we are set to use the track twice a week so the math has to equate to breaking even or it is not worth doing. I am not looking to make money off the track so if we get a consistant turn out and it looks like we will be alright then we as club can make that call to lower the prices of practice.

A membership goes a long way to savings @ the track as well.  I persoanlly can waste $20.00 in no time anywhere  these days..I much rather pay $15 to have availabe 5 hours on a wed to practice with my R/C Car.

Offline taco

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:43 AM »
I agree Korgae you can not find much of anything to do for under 20 bucks. I no my son and I like to hit the driving range a lot and I spend at least 20 bucks for a hour of fun.

If people want a track to play on it cost money. As you said commercial rent is expensive, Good luck in you venture Korgae, I hope you are able to cover your cost so the track will be there for racers to enjoy the hobby.

Cheers Todd.
Race Director of Hi-Performance Winter Series and Hi-Voltage Raceway.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Thanks Todd for the support..

I am sure you can find a TC @ HP ;) to come out and try some carpet..  I have been eyeing our latest kit the 808E... If I find time to build it im coming to your place to race on our off days.

Offline markt

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
I'm glad to hear that there's another location being set up.

Any advice on what might be a good car to get for the new track?

I'm trying to choose a RTR package that's not too expensive to use for carpet racing.  I'm leaning on the 1/18th Vendetta Rally (or SC) and would like to make the best choice for this upcoming venue.  Would a 1/18th scale car work ok?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

MarkT

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »
You would find it easier to get a 1/10 touring car rtr as the track will most likely cater to this scale as opposed to 1/18th. You can find a good used car or get a Tamiya mini like an M05 and they are tonnes of fun.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
Did everyone catch the new location in Abbotsford?

1st race OCT 10 Doors open @ 8:30 am

New flyer on the way to all supporting hobby shops...

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »
I'm glad to hear that there's another location being set up.

Any advice on what might be a good car to get for the new track?

I'm trying to choose a RTR package that's not too expensive to use for carpet racing.  I'm leaning on the 1/18th Vendetta Rally (or SC) and would like to make the best choice for this upcoming venue.  Would a 1/18th scale car work ok?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Inferno gave you some great advice about what to pick. Another option is to drop by the track and talk to a few racers, watch and see what class you like best and then choose from there.

To be honest, I am not sure if there are many RTR "carpet" type cars ready out of the box...BUT... this is where your local favorite hobby shop comes into play, they can set you up and make a RTR type package out of any class of car you like and then you can come race it :)

If you are a member of the club, then you will receive 10% off on some key items needed to get rolling..

Hope this helps.. and I look forward to meeting you when you come out.

Korgae

MarkT

Offline markt

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
That sounds like a good plan.  I'll try to make the October 10th opening.  Will you be sharing the exact address of the venue closer to the date?

Cheers,

MarkT

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Page created in 0.113 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx