gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Watch RCTV episodes on  Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/XtenProductions428 or check out our Facebook page.

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 19, 2017, 06:57:39 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley  (Read 14980 times)

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 08:56:28 PM »
#5- 31234 Wheel Ave, Abbotsford

Sorry I should have posted it here in later replys.. I changed the very post with the address info but here it is again:)

I will keep everyone updated durnin the 1st week of Oct how the track build goes.

C U there:)

Offline Dr.Stupid

• RC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Need's a life!
  • stupid is as stupid does
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »
Indoor carpet racing makes a return to the Fraser Valley this fall with the introduction of a new club track to be enjoyed by all on road carpet racers from the lower mainland.

1st race OCT 10

Key features:

-Permeant track ( no set up or tear down)
-OZITE carpet racing surface for the best traction possible
-AMB RC lap counting ( personal transponders accepted)
-New Vinyl track barrier system
-RC Scoring PRO software
-House transponders available for use.
-2010/11 Point Series

Racing will be every Sunday, Doors open @ 8:30 am ( we will run a tight program and hope to wrap by 5pm.)

Wednesday nigh practice, doors open @5 pm Close @ 10pm

Once a month there will be a racers work shop. These will be either on a weeknight or a Saturday afternoon. Everyone is welcome, the main focus will be a open panel discussing chassis set up, tires, electronic set up and driving tips.

We will be starting in Oct ( opening date TBA)

Classes: We will be following ROAR rules this will allow any members to be able to compete in any trophy race or series in B.C. and Alberta.

-Tamiya Mini
-Touring Car Stock ( 17.5 non boosted) JACO BLUE SPEC
-Touring Car Super Stock ( 13.5 boosted) JACO BLUE SPEC
-12th Scale Stock (17.5 Boosted 1S)
-WGT ( 13.5 Boosted 1S)

Optional classes ( 5 car entry min)

-VTA
-Touring Mod
-F1
-18 th scale

Race fees:

$20.00 1st class $10.00 2nd and $5.00 for 3rd. (Members race 3rd class for FREE)

Practice nights: $20.00 ( $15 for members)

Track memberships will be available :

Club Membership Dues

Dues cover membership from the date of purchase to the end of the RCRCR race season.

Single Membership $65
Youth Membership (under 16) $40
Family $100 (Same address)

With a Membership you will receive these specials:

Priority pitting (secure your special pit spit all season)
$5.00 off practice nights
Race your 3rd class for *FREE* all season.
Receive 10% ** discount from participating local hobby shops)
** Must show membership card and** is not applicable to kits)

Participating stores: ( more will be added as they come online)

Race Tech Hobbies ( 604-945-3888)
One Stop Hobbies ( 604-852-6497)
GO GO Hobbies (604-931-1183)
R/C Pit Stop (604-530-5490)
Golden Horizon (604-207-2108)

My goal with the track is to be able to give the racers in the GVRD exactly what they need a place to practice and race. As a whole we have some of the fastest racers in Western Canada, they all got to that level with hard work dedication and PRACTICE. As someone that has been involved in this hobby since the age of 12 I want to try my best to give back to the R/C community. The focus of the track is to be a friendly enviroment where everyone together can race, learn and advance there skills.

I have tried to put together a race package that is attractive and offers a value point of view, In order to make this work we will need volunteers and support from all racers in the GVRD.

I am looking forward to hearing comments and answering any questions you might have about the venue and programs offered.

See you at the race

Korgae

** Site admins** Please feel free to copy this post and paste it to your own local shop forums.

Offline Badgoalie

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »
Hey Korgae,

Any chance we could talk about a Novice class? Perhaps a short period of time set aside on Wednesday nights for less experienced drivers? I love to watch fast guys, but I don't want to get in their way, especially in a points race. Also, for those of us who don't have a 1/10 TC setup, a novice class may lower the cost of entry to the point that guys are willing to grab a less competitive (and cheaper) chassis if they have a chance to run with other drivers in the same situation.  Is the Tamiya Mini class the answer to my questions?

Thanks man,

BadGoalie

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 07:19:47 PM »
^ Vintage TransAm is a great class for what you want to do.  It doesn't require the latest unobtanium chassis and is speed limited by motor choice.
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Great Question..

I am forsure open to having a novice class ( or even a novice night) if there is enough interest.

The big question is do we do it as a run what you brung type class?  does anyone have any idea's ?

The track is just about done ( I ran a few laps tonight ) and am super happy with the 1st layout. it has great flow but is challenging. It is a small track but it is super fun.... We will all become much better drivers by the end of the season:)

C U @ the races:)

Offline Badgoalie

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »
Great Question..

I am forsure open to having a novice class ( or even a novice night) if there is enough interest.

The big question is do we do it as a run what you brung type class?  does anyone have any idea's ?

The track is just about done ( I ran a few laps tonight ) and am super happy with the 1st layout. it has great flow but is challenging. It is a small track but it is super fun.... We will all become much better drivers by the end of the season:)

C U @ the races:)

I would love a few open track, run whatcha brung times. My only "kinda" suitable setup for carpet is an RC18R, and I'd love to get that out there for bit before I go buy another chassis. I don't think it should be the whole night, maybe just a period of time where everyone knows that less experienced, slower drivers may be on the track.

VTA sounds like a blast as well.

Badgoalie

Offline Badgoalie

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
^ Vintage TransAm is a great class for what you want to do.  It doesn't require the latest unobtanium chassis and is speed limited by motor choice.

Great idea, thanks Dukk.

Offline lowpao

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
I've got some friends who want to run an any chassis tamiya black can motor class.  If track coordinators are down for it.

There is atleast 7 of us. So it might catch on considering everyone has a TC. But are afraid to run with guys with atleast 1000 chassis running mod class.

Its a fun class for sure. Anyone eles in for this?
*M05*Sprint2*X-10*T4*SC10*

Offline Big_gord24

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »
What the guys in Seattle have done and seems to be a good Novice class is what they call Scale Spec

Scale Spec:  1/10th scale electric chassis.  5mm minimim ride height.  Tamiya 540 silver can motor or USVTA-approved 25.5t brushless motor.  ROAR-approved Sportsman ESC (Legacy ESC’s not on the ROAR-approved list will be admitted by the Comp Committee on an individual basis.)  HPI D Compound tires.  Realistic, scale bodies must be run on all chassis.  Maximum 6-cell NiMH or NiCd batteries or maximum 7.4v 2S lithium technology batteries. 

It's a good class for beginners and seasonsed racers who have older chassis and brushed esc's kicking around. The Tires are the VTA Tires And the Bodies can be anything as long as it's not a touring car, mazda 6, speed 6, ltc, etc. Just a thought...
"Tiny"
Race Tech Hobbies
Team Yokomo/ Team Pro Spec
www.gotm2.com (M2 Media Ltd)
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »
I've got some friends who want to run an any chassis tamiya black can motor class.  If track coordinators are down for it.

There is atleast 7 of us. So it might catch on considering everyone has a TC. But are afraid to run with guys with atleast 1000 chassis running mod class.

Its a fun class for sure. Anyone eles in for this?

That is a great class:)  They have ran simular in Alberta for years, Called GT class............ touring car with a silver can.

I would like to see a touring class that follows our stock sedan class with the exception of power ( black can Mabuchi) but still can run same tires and bodies as the stock class. But you guys are the racers and I want what is best for you.

All input is welcome:

Offline lowpao

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »
I'm too cheap to buy a new shell lol :)
*M05*Sprint2*X-10*T4*SC10*

Offline markt

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 10:43:02 PM »

I would love a few open track, run whatcha brung times. My only "kinda" suitable setup for carpet is an RC18R, and I'd love to get that out there for bit before I go buy another chassis. I don't think it should be the whole night, maybe just a period of time where everyone knows that less experienced, slower drivers may be on the track.

VTA sounds like a blast as well.

Badgoalie

I too am interested in running a 1/18th scale car for fun if possible.  The Vendetta Rally or AE RC18R are on my short list at the moment.  I'm kinda locked in that size so I can run in smaller venues where a 1/10th car might be too big (e.g. my garage/basement).

Cheers,

MarkT

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2010, 08:02:07 AM »
Everyone ready for this weekend?

Doors open @ 8am on Sunday.

I am asking everyone to bring:

- Small table ( if you become a member you can leave your table set up all year)
-Chair
-Power bar
- extension cord.

There is lots of power in the building but some pit spots will require extension cords.

We will have a small snack bar set up as well.

Hope to see everyone on Sunday

Offline Dillinger

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
Can hpi cup racers run with tamiya mini's?.

Offline korgae

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 08:29:50 AM »
Here is a recap from another forum on our 1st day of racing:

OW- is all I can say Thank you for all the racers that came out and supported the track. Makes the long days and nights to get it ready worth it!..

We had 30 racers (45 entries) and over 55 people come through the doors to check it out all day Sunday. So nice to see some old faces come check it out and showing interest in coming back to race.

We started racing a bit later then I planned ( 11am) but managed 3 rounds and the mains done by 5:45 with no hiccups. we ran 37 races total in the day.

Special thanks goes out to out of town racers Matt, Tonia and Jamie from the Island. Also thank you to Tonia and a guess announcer Mike Evans from Calgary both of them where a major reason our race program ran smooth all day as both taught me the ins and outs of RC Scoring.

The carpet is starting to groove up and will only get better as we use it more and more.

A few things that I want to clarfy and reflect on:

Traction compound is going to be limited to "Non Smelling" ( Jack, Niftech, TQ, Sticky fingers) After getting some fresh air at the end of the day and walking back in it was clear the warehouse smelled of Paragon.

I forgot the complete print out at the track of the winners but from memory:

Winners:

Mini- Martin from GH
Tamiya F1- Rob Hall
17.5 Stock Clint Ruck
13.5 Open Frank B
12th scale Stormin Normin

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  * New perm track * Carpet racing returns to the Fraser Valley

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Page created in 0.052 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx