gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !!    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 22, 2017, 11:57:47 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  nitro is dead
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nitro is dead  (Read 6467 times)

Offline menotyou

• Need's a life!
  • we start to die the moment we are born.
    • View Profile
nitro is dead
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
 :D
best to take some pics. people around here are anal about seeing what you are posting about

Ya...that's awsome....when its somebody else's F...ing boat! (Sorry had to use it :)

Offline 4mods

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
    • TWP crawling club forum
Re: nitro is dead
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
Your only finding out now, I think that happened a year and  a half ago at least.....   :'(
Team TWP, Crawlin' slow since 06'.

http://twprccrawlingclub.forumakers.com/

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
yea pretty much. i dont think there is any nitro racing anymore, seems the hobby is pushing nitro out. imo there is a lot nitro offers that electric doesnt. i also think its the rtr mentality that has forced nitro to take a backseat. the part of the hobby where people want to work on their cars is dead, most now just want to buy them, plug a battery in and drive it. when i got into this hobby most stuff was still kits, you had to build them and set them up. you didnt have people on forums telling you how to set gear mesh or refill shocks, its something you learned when building the kit. so much of that is fading away, it almost seems like we are starting to fade back to toy store stuff.

sorry to get on a rant, im a die-hard nitro/gas guy who builds kits.

Offline Evil Klownz

• Death by R1....
  • Need's a life!
  • People Eating Tasty Animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:37:08 PM »
yea pretty much. i dont think there is any nitro racing anymore, seems the hobby is pushing nitro out. imo there is a lot nitro offers that electric doesnt. i also think its the rtr mentality that has forced nitro to take a backseat. the part of the hobby where people want to work on their cars is dead, most now just want to buy them, plug a battery in and drive it. when i got into this hobby most stuff was still kits, you had to build them and set them up. you didnt have people on forums telling you how to set gear mesh or refill shocks, its something you learned when building the kit. so much of that is fading away, it almost seems like we are starting to fade back to toy store stuff.

sorry to get on a rant, im a die-hard nitro/gas guy who builds kits.

+1. This ready build stuff is crap. Buy a kit for $300 add another $150-$200 to make it race ready, it's bullocks.
Durango SC410R, Kyosho Lazer zx-5 SP

Offline 4mods

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
Yeah, having something dependable and easy to use SUCKS!

not. I had a nitro once.. I fired it up at the rcpitstop picnic... the pull cord snapped, then I gave it away at a crawler comp I put on. I guess my experience is quite limited you might say with it.

Offline 3.3 Over

• Need's a life!
  • still waiting for large events
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »
yeah alot of people give up and i dont blame 'em.

i do both nitor adn electric and i am here to say there is alot of nitro guys still out there so dont kid yourselves.  Its not on the way out and never will be - just for some

dont believe it? come on down to a points series at kami for some mains

i remember what it was like ready to boot kick my first nitro too ! man what a pain, lol - no one showed me how uneasy it was back when i first brought er home.

jmo
not all go go guys are actually go go guys

2124 Austin Ave, Coquitlam  604.931.1183
       ~ proud supporter of many events EXCEPT IAN TREE CUTTING ~

Offline pipeous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 12:38:36 PM »
I sold my electric motorcycle and kept my nitro. the electric was easier and faster to drive but the nitro just sounds more realistic.

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »
i cant say i ever had serious problems with a nitro. my first car, a nitro rs4 2 with a 15fe and single needle carb, never had an issue. later i put an hpi/novarossi .12 in it, again, never a big issue. ive had at least 10 different motors, nothing ever made me want to throw in the towel with nitro. sure ive had issues that stumped me, but nothing i couldnt figure out. i think the key to my success was that i read the instructions, followed them, and always cared for them properly.  i mean, id say i spend 2-3 times longer working on my stuff that running it. the people i see having problems with nitro are the ones who fill it with fuel, run it and put it away again, never after running them or even draining the fuel.

Offline menotyou

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »
i ran a tmaxx for a few years and loved the sound and smell but not the cleaning,the tuning the pull string breaking glow plugs dieing people bitching about the noise.I dont miss it at all and as for a rtr kit i dont have and building custom is the way i roll just now i do it with batts and brushless  :-*
best to take some pics. people around here are anal about seeing what you are posting about

Ya...that's awsome....when its somebody else's F...ing boat! (Sorry had to use it :)

Offline 3.3 Over

• Need's a life!
  • still waiting for large events
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »
gonna be dead soon if the rain dont let up, lol
not all go go guys are actually go go guys

2124 Austin Ave, Coquitlam  604.931.1183
       ~ proud supporter of many events EXCEPT IAN TREE CUTTING ~

Offline 4mods

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
Suckers, all my electrics are loving the rain and staying cooler then ever! haha, oh another plus for the ole electrics I guess.  :'(

Offline DVO

• Need's a life!
  • Did you see him clearly? Coulda been anybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
Nitro ain't dead... Just getting some well needed competition...

I ran nitro a few years back... RC10GT (thanks Roger!), T-MAXX and an RS4-2 for a while... I liked the sound, the smell... But didn't like the mess or the constantly having to buy a $30+ jug of fuel... I'm much all about the electric these days... But I have had an urge for a street burner nitro... Something 2 speed to hear the shift that does like half a million miles an hour... Ya KNOW I dig the crawling and such, but, now and then, I feel a need for speed... And seeing ya can't get a Pathfinder to go like stink, well, mebbe a 4Tec or JATO would be the ticket for me... heh

The advent of LiPo, brushless and SO many RTR's does make electric more desirable... Easier to work on, far less cleaning and ya really only need to tune the suspension on a track to track basis... When I first got into RC, pipe dude recommended I start with electric to learn how to tune the suspension and make a fast runner... I'm glad I did that.. If I had gone right into nitro? I more than likely would've gotten so frustrated with it, I would've given it up... My MAXX wasn't TOO bad to keep running, most times.. But the RS4 gave me headache after headache to try keep running thru the day... But I'm not unhappy with the experience...

I think it's all preference, really... That and ANYONE whose run nitro knows how much ppl can complain about them... Noisy, stinky, etc... Electric is good for keeping peace in the hood... Most times...;)
T.W.P. 77 - Crawlin' slow since '06

GeckoII Clod
Axial/X-Trail Truck

Blade MCX2

ProBoat Mini-V
eFlite Mini-Mustang

Offline dralgon

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
I just like to piss my nabors off so I'll fire up all 6 I got with in 2 hours and run'em up the street. The art of tuneing a nitro has died out. But noOne wants to sell nitros cheap because they put so much into them. Too bad I love the smell of nitro in the morning
Go hard, Go broke, Go home and Fix'm
Ax-10super, Ax-10, Scx-10 2speed, losi Mrc, mini-t x3, 18B,M18MT,RS4-pro3,Sav X,NT Rustler, mini-z 2x4-4x4,mico-tBL,Stampeed,Revo BB,Revo 16th.
Fix'm good and Fix'm often

Offline Kris88

• Posts more than can be believed
  • Lets get down to brass tacks here....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »
nitro aint even close to dead

even yesturday at camrc, the nitro's were 1 sec quicker then the fastest electric time, and can run 30 minute mains if needed

in the states at the nct's there is usally a few full mains of both pro and sportsman

it seems alot of the nitro racers are not coming out or going elsewhere to race these days

Offline menotyou

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:42 PM »
Yep its dead

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  nitro is dead

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.066 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx