gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95657 Posts in 10261 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 December 12, 2017, 12:30:08 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  nitro tuning help vancouver
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nitro tuning help vancouver  (Read 2397 times)

Offline tekin

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
nitro tuning help vancouver
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »
can anyone help me tune my revo 3.3 i am in the area of vancouver by joyce station can anyone give me a hand thanks

Offline Mekaw

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Re: nitro tuning help vancouver
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:18:31 AM »
do you have temp gun handy?

if not, buy this

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/2/CordedPowerTools/ComboKits/PRD~1992031P/Mastercraft%252BDigital%252BTool%252BCombo.jsp?locale=en

it comes with stud detector which isn't useful to all of us but it's better deal at 30 bucks vs paying 49.99 for the same temp gun on its own at cdn tire. I picked it up today and it works great.

check out this vid.. and his channel as well

http://youtu.be/GkzpdZGGXPM

and also check out this one,

http://youtu.be/DpXMqO0loqA

starting at 5min, it shows you how to diagnose idle issue and LSN.

once you have LSN and idle worked out HSN shouldn't be a big problem, you just tune it so that there's thin trail of smoke

refer to the chart or try this:http://thetoyz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24925&st=0

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:29:43 AM by Mekaw »

Offline tekin

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »
no it runs and idles fine but just a little on the hot side can anyone help me out

Offline Evil Klownz

• Death by R1....
  • Need's a life!
  • People Eating Tasty Animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »
To hot after running ( driving, not idling)? Do you know the temp? If its hot it's too lean, top end needs to be rich end up.
Durango SC410R, Kyosho Lazer zx-5 SP

Offline Mekaw

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
no it runs and idles fine but just a little on the hot side can anyone help me out

refer to links i gave you or that chart. as simple as that. will answer all of your tuning questions, if it's on hot side it's lean.

Offline tekin

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »
hey man i really appreciate all the info but the prob is I would like to sharpen all my skills with a pro so that I can learn how to fix a prob and yes the temp says like 330 and if I lower it, it does not run well, so can anyone help out before I kill the motor

Offline Evil Klownz

• Death by R1....
  • Need's a life!
  • People Eating Tasty Animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
Temp should be 200-240, Are you tuning the top ( large ) screw?
Durango SC410R, Kyosho Lazer zx-5 SP

Offline Mekaw

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
hey man i really appreciate all the info but the prob is I would like to sharpen all my skills with a pro so that I can learn how to fix a prob and yes the temp says like 330 and if I lower it, it does not run well, so can anyone help out before I kill the motor

what fuel are you using? I noticed with my losi, it does not like HPI fuel at all. with HPI fuel it sits at 300F but when i switched it out for traxxas fuel temp dropped to 210F.

but regardless of temp, if you are still seeing stream of smoke your engine is properly being lubricated so it won't kill it

I'm gonna guess you've already broken in your motor?

Offline tekin

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 07:15:53 AM »
(cow pie) i gotta check the brand of fuel i forget and yeah i have tried different settings but like I said if anyone in the area or
i could come out to you thanks

Offline Mekaw

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
I don't mean to be an ass but in the time you have waited for people to respond or actually agree to come out and help... head over to local hobby shop and ask them for first hand help. may cost you 10 bucks or so but it's worth it.

Offline tekin

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »
Dude you are being a ass with that comment I just wanted turn learn rather thaan having the work done and not learning but thanks for the other help and links

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  nitro tuning help vancouver

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.069 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx