Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Check out Facebook and be our friend.
http://www.facebook.com/rcpitstop

gfx gfx
gfx
95657 Posts in 10261 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 December 14, 2017, 08:19:23 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Lunch Box MODS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lunch Box MODS  (Read 1323 times)

Offline tribalnewt

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • Friends don't let other friends buy Integy
    • View Profile
Lunch Box MODS
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
So i just did my first mod... let me start at the beginning....

i build up my chassis saturday night...
i take it out today for it's maden voyage...
and i bread the 2 little springs that hold the front of the rear axle up.... literally they are 2 small springs that wouldn't last....

i do a little research and find that there is something called the 3rd/5th shock mod....

anyway i will take pics and load them tonight....

took me about 15 min
I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand.

Offline oldrc

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
Re: Lunch Box MODS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
  I'm looking forward to see it on the trail 8) You should bring it along on Wednesday so I can get some video.
Old enough to say I've done it and young enough to do it again.........and again

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:02:51 PM »
  I'm looking forward to see it on the trail 8) You should bring it along on Wednesday so I can get some video.

And bringing it out he did!  What great machine!  Never knew it was so fast. 

Hey Tribal... should I keep my eye out for a Shaggy?
Reality is anything you believe.
Nevermind testing the water, just jump in and enjoy the thrill!
If you know you're insane - you're not!  It's the REAL crazies that don't know.
Just be yourself.  Cuz if you're not, you're acting like someone else.

Offline Ecothyrus

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »
Nice too see another Lunchbox pilot out there  ;D

I picked up an original off ebay a couple years back as a restore project and after running it into the ground bought one of the re-issued kits. One thing I really noticed is how much quieter the new gearbox is! It's almost silent next to the old one (the old gears were in good shape).

Anywho, I started with the 3rd/5th shock mod myself and have added a couple more that I can recommend if you plan on driving the 'Box with any regularity.

1st - oil-filled shocks all around, especially if you're running a beefier motor/battery. If you're on a budget, just do the front, it adds a ton more stability at high speed.

2nd - File down the bottom side of the battery retainer bar socket (where the pin sticks out). After running in the dust and dirt, swapping batteries will get frustrating quick when you have to spend an extra 3 minutes trying to get that stupid pin back in and there's like 3 grains of dust inside the socket.

3rd - Glue a magnet to the underside of one of the bumper corners. This will allow you to place your body and battery retaining pins on the bumper for battery changes and quick repairs without losing the little buggers on the ground.

4th - I've seen a couple people on the 'net that have added a brace across the front "wings" of the chassis, over the front suspension to add some strength the the front end - I hybridized this idea by moving it back from over the shocks to where the front body pins are so I don't have to replace the plastic pins up there anymore as well. I used an aluminum crochet needle - I can't recall the size but they are colour coded and I found the gold worked the best, but the blues were close. Just trim it down to size, flatten the area under where the screws go and taper the tips to whatever shape works for you.

I'll try to upload some pics of the mods for reference.

Have a good one!

[attachment deleted by admin]

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Lunch Box MODS

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.063 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx