gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Jul 30 for BC Day weekend. open again Tues Aug 2

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 22, 2017, 11:58:37 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Why your old mamba max can't update, and why it get's hot for no reason.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why your old mamba max can't update, and why it get's hot for no reason.  (Read 1579 times)

Offline buyzstuff

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Here is a quick explanation of why you can't update your Mamba Max with Windows 7 (quote from Castle service):
It sounds like you're having issues with the Mamba Max USB driver on 64-bit computers. Unfortunately we do not have a driver for the Mamba Max that is compatible with 64 bit operating systems; so the side USB port is basically useless. The only solution is to use the Castle Link adapter that hooks to the receiver wire on the ESC.

If you have the older firmware on the controller, you will need to update the firmware on the ESC to a newer version of firmware. The older firmware did not support the Castle Link adapter because it had the side USB port. When we found the side USB driver didn't work on 64 bit, the engineers reprogrammed the Mamba Max to work with the adapter, but you have to update the firmware to enable the feature. Basically you need to hook up the Mamba Max to a 32 bit machine (your laptop with Vista 32 bit) through the side USB and update the controller just one time. Once the controller has been updated, you can then use the Castle Link adapter on the Mamba Max when using a 64 bit operating system.

"Why is my Mamba Max esc getting hot (on 3S) in my Wraith?"  A: the internal BEC needs to be bypassed if you plan on running the lights installed on your Wraith, or any other vehicle with high draw servo's.  The Mamba Max will get hot just sitting if the lights on the Wraith are on fyi. so this step is pretty important. I had just installed a fan and was letting it sit and it still got hot. Added BEC and did the test it was ice cold. It is a good idea to add a cooling fan if 3S is to be used. If you have no fan and and no BEC stick to 2S if you want the lights on.

Hope this helps people out some.  O0

Seeking MMP esc, MMM esc, Matching pair of high torque servo's (or single), Wraiths, Aluminium C's and Hubs for Axial first gen and OCP axles, Complete vehicles with low hours and a low price. W.H.Y.

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
Re: Why your old mamba max can't update, and why it get's hot for no reason.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:43:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing!  However, I was told by Wes that the stock motor cannot handle 3cells - you get a smoke show!  So... what are you using?
Reality is anything you believe.
Nevermind testing the water, just jump in and enjoy the thrill!
If you know you're insane - you're not!  It's the REAL crazies that don't know.
Just be yourself.  Cuz if you're not, you're acting like someone else.

Offline buyzstuff

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:50 AM »
i am using a combination of disregard and a high maintenance budget. Aswell as trigger finger restraint. It's the same as driving a blown v8 without a governor. The motors are cheap so let em burn. cooling fans help. 3S is the limit. So full throttle in small bursts only.? buy a 35t saturn if you want 3S and longer service life. Its less than 20 bucks for a new 20t and the esc has a sweet fan now.
Seeking MMP esc, MMM esc, Matching pair of high torque servo's (or single), Wraiths, Aluminium C's and Hubs for Axial first gen and OCP axles, Complete vehicles with low hours and a low price. W.H.Y.

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »
Hmmm... I would prefer less maintanence so I can find the time to start working on all the builds I have planned  lol.  But need to run something in the mean time!  >:D
Reality is anything you believe.
Nevermind testing the water, just jump in and enjoy the thrill!
If you know you're insane - you're not!  It's the REAL crazies that don't know.
Just be yourself.  Cuz if you're not, you're acting like someone else.

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Why your old mamba max can't update, and why it get's hot for no reason.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.045 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx