gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 22, 2017, 11:58:54 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Mamba Max updating firmware (Langley)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mamba Max updating firmware (Langley)  (Read 2145 times)

Offline buyzstuff

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Mamba Max updating firmware (Langley)
« on: September 25, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »
I finally got my Mamba Max updated with the help of a friend by the name of Adam. Owner of CyberSpace Internet and Games Centre.  Had to install an older version of the castlelink first. Then load the latest update.. Used one of his units with windows XP.  Had to go thru some steps. For his services I gave him a Castlelink to use for his future customers. If you want your Mamba Max to be updated and need to help you can go to http://www.computersvancouver.com/cyberspace on the one way in Langley and he can fix you up for a small fee. It is also a good place for gaming and wifi. The Mamba Max is a good unit and can be upgraded to have 213% braking for extreme crawler use. After it's initial debugging you should then be able to update it as you would any other unit with your Windows 7 computer.
He can also update any other Castle link units for you for a small fee.

Mamba Max owners who thought it was just busted should check it out.
Seeking MMP esc, MMM esc, Matching pair of high torque servo's (or single), Wraiths, Aluminium C's and Hubs for Axial first gen and OCP axles, Complete vehicles with low hours and a low price. W.H.Y.

Offline scorpion_ax

• postaholic
  • Crawling the rock pile
    • View Profile
Re: Mamba Max updating firmware (Langley)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
Any real good servicing hobby shop should do this for at no charge. Its so simple that anyone can do it. You shouldn't have to pay for that stuff when you buy your gear there they should ask you if you would like it updated or programmed for your situation......J.M.O.
Axial xr10 running gear
Chaotic Crawler special bodyless chassis
dual CC sidewinder micros
vanquish upgrades include
SLW V5 wheels
motor plates,trans cases, axle tops
Custom hybrid kaos tires
crawler innovations double duece foams
dx3r pro radio
losikids want a mix dual esc controller

Offline Paul B

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
Better yet, buy the castle link and tinker at will. I know I went through several setups before I had it tuned exactly how I liked it for what I was doing with it. I love having the ability to plug it into the comp and change stuff at will. Money well spent IMO
If it ain`t broke.... Try harder.....

XR-10

Scx10 Dingo (sons)
TL-01 Drifter
Scx10 Honcho (other sons)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
yea. i can understand that when buying a high quality esc like the castle stuff budget can be a concern. hobby shops offering to program the esc when you purchase it is great, however there is nothing like having the castle link to program your esc yourself.

Offline scorpion_ax

• postaholic
  • Crawling the rock pile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »
dont get me wrong doing it yor self is great and i do it all the time but for some on a lower budjet and being able to buy all the gear the hobby shop should step up and help out.....why should you have to go to a computer service place to pay them to do it for you....just sayin
Axial xr10 running gear
SLW V5 wheels
Custom hybrid kaos tires
dx3r pro radio

Offline Chevyluv

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
don't most castle esc's still come with a mail in thing for a free castle link or pay 10$ and get the field programmer?

Offline scorpion_ax

• postaholic
  • Crawling the rock pile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
yeah once or twice a year castle does a promo with thier gear and they put a free castle link coupon when you buy the high end combo units havent seen anythging for a while tho
Axial xr10 running gear
SLW V5 wheels
Custom hybrid kaos tires
dx3r pro radio

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Mamba Max updating firmware (Langley)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.048 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx