Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Check out Facebook and be our friend.
http://www.facebook.com/rcpitstop

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 21, 2017, 08:53:33 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Airbrushing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Airbrushing  (Read 1275 times)

Offline pbkidz

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Airbrushing
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
I have a question for you guys that paint your own bodies. I play paintball so I have a 45cui/4500psi compress air tank and I was wondering if it would work for an airbrush kit.
Fleet: 3DHS 51" AJ Slick, Rc-Factory yak 54, FPV Parkzone Radian, Custom FPV Quadcopter.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/paintballkidz

Offline SRIslash

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
Re: Airbrushing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:09:17 AM »
Seems like overkill but if you could regulate the air to 35-45psi it should work.Would beat $150 compressor.
Axial Custom Dingo   Axial SCX Tuber
Slash MM 1415         Losi XXT VXL
Sprint2 cc1406          Fightercat CF twin
Miss Geico CC1515    NQD Mod Jet
Mono CC1415           Flat bottom drag boat

Offline pbkidz

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »
The tank can supply a constant supply of 800-900psi, still sounds expensive for a regulator.
Fleet: 3DHS 51" AJ Slick, Rc-Factory yak 54, FPV Parkzone Radian, Custom FPV Quadcopter.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/paintballkidz

Offline oldrc

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
  Most airbrushes like between 15-20 psi. Make sure you get an oil-less compressor if you buy one, if there is any oil in your air supply it will wreck your paint work. You can run a separator and drier on an oiled compressor but it just adds to the cost.
Old enough to say I've done it and young enough to do it again.........and again

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »
Some paints like Parma Fascolor like 30+ to spray.

Watch for when CanTire puts their 2gallon on for $50-60. It's a nice small compressor
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline B

• Need's a life!
  • you got me "rollin" and I can't stop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:55:28 AM »
youll get quite a bit of airbrushing with that little bottle, you'd be surprised.  Used Scuba tanks before, 80 cu @ 3200 psi, but for intents and purposes you could easily do a body or two with that little bottle.

Not sure on your fittings, I had an extra set of Regs for diving so I just pulled a lead off of the first stage, brings it down to bout 110.  I would say this would be your biggest challenge is stepping it back before the airbrush hose?  If your paintball tank has a little regulator where you can step back the pressure, it would be fine.

Then Home Depot has a little mini set of air line dehydrator filter for bout 30 bucks, Campbell Hausfeld makes them, and a little regulator as well, for bout the same, might even be a little kit, been some time now.  These work great and are a must for ensuring air is clean and dry.  Like others have mentioned, contaminants in the air can ruin work quickly.

This was a great way to do some airbrushing in an appt, no noise, and relatively cheap for the refills.

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  Airbrushing

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.045 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx