gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

use of off color language or racial remarks, will get you a warning first time, and a permanent ban if you get caught three times!! Behave!

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 19, 2017, 10:39:18 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Battery talk  |  bringing lipos back to life.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bringing lipos back to life.  (Read 787 times)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
bringing lipos back to life.
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
so ive got a bunch of single cell lipos for my micro helis, a few 120-160mah, and some 500mah. my small helis have been sitting for 6 or 8 months, now im starting to fly them again and im having battery problems. when i last used everything i used my hyperion 0606i and put them in storage mode. the problem im having is the charger (both hyperion and eflite) fully charge them almost instantly, i toss them in the heli and get about 5 seconds before LVC comes on. i tried slowly discharging them on my charger, right down to 0.1 amps and pulled them down to 3.5 volts (this takes forever). the 500mah cells took 350mah, i put them in the heli and got about 15 seconds before i lost lift and LVC came on.

anyone got any tricks to bring these things back to life?

Offline randy magee

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: bringing lipos back to life.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
i have also had 2 lipos go bad over winter .and i had them stored at proper storage voltage and 1 cell go way down.discharging and recharging on lipo mode did not work either so i charged on NIMH for a couple minutes while i watched closely .then charged on lipo and it actually worked.i race these batterys everyweekend and there great again!!!!!i saved a 150$ lipo.becarefull charging on NIMH or NICD.if it starts to puff or get warm while trying to revive it shut it off. a couple seconds may even b enough to bring the volts up depending on how low it went  .good luck !

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Battery talk  |  bringing lipos back to life.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Page created in 0.05 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx