gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95659 Posts in 10264 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 21, 2017, 09:12:12 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Battery talk  |  bringing lipos back to life.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bringing lipos back to life.  (Read 808 times)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
bringing lipos back to life.
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
so ive got a bunch of single cell lipos for my micro helis, a few 120-160mah, and some 500mah. my small helis have been sitting for 6 or 8 months, now im starting to fly them again and im having battery problems. when i last used everything i used my hyperion 0606i and put them in storage mode. the problem im having is the charger (both hyperion and eflite) fully charge them almost instantly, i toss them in the heli and get about 5 seconds before LVC comes on. i tried slowly discharging them on my charger, right down to 0.1 amps and pulled them down to 3.5 volts (this takes forever). the 500mah cells took 350mah, i put them in the heli and got about 15 seconds before i lost lift and LVC came on.

anyone got any tricks to bring these things back to life?

Offline randy magee

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: bringing lipos back to life.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
i have also had 2 lipos go bad over winter .and i had them stored at proper storage voltage and 1 cell go way down.discharging and recharging on lipo mode did not work either so i charged on NIMH for a couple minutes while i watched closely .then charged on lipo and it actually worked.i race these batterys everyweekend and there great again!!!!!i saved a 150$ lipo.becarefull charging on NIMH or NICD.if it starts to puff or get warm while trying to revive it shut it off. a couple seconds may even b enough to bring the volts up depending on how low it went  .good luck !

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Battery talk  |  bringing lipos back to life.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.076 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx