gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95658 Posts in 10263 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 20, 2017, 05:26:19 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X ???  (Read 1294 times)

Offline neeper

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X ???
« on: June 22, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted here before or not... I'm undecided between a Revo 3.3 or the Savage X. Any recommendations or opinions would be appreciated. Thx.
Baja 5B SS - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Savage X 4.6 - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Revo 3.3
E-Revo
Emaxx

Offline neeper

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Re: Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
Or is the Savage XL the way to go???
Baja 5B SS - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Savage X 4.6 - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Revo 3.3
E-Revo
Emaxx

Offline JoshLamont

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
Re: Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X ???
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
My buddy has a revo for sale on craigslist in Maple Ridge you should get it
Axial Wraith
Losi SCTE
Mini 8ight
Traxxas 1/16 Rally VXL
Losi Micro Rally
Helimax 1SQ
Brushless Jetboat
Traxxas Emaxx Brushless

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 07:27:37 PM »
it really depends on your plans for the truck. no question, the revo is a far more agile truck, itll handle better, and out of the box it will be faster. however the downside is its not nearly as strong as the savage. if your bashing a revo, you will break stuff. the savage is tough. ive had mine for 4 years now, the worst thing ive done to it is stripped a clutch bell after 3 years of beating. ive landed on its lid, driven into curbs, tumbled it where it was bouncing off each wheel, and its always come back for more. this is by far the toughest truck ive ever owned.

id recommend this truck over anything out there. mine is the x ss model, although i think since i bought mine they have changed a bit. now the rtr versions have 4 big bore shocks instead of 8, better diffs, and a different engine. really the only upgrades i say are needed is bearings in the steering linkage and a decent steering servo (just like on any monster).

id say go with the x. the xl is just bigger, however it comes with the k5.9, its not known for being a very good motor, the k4.6 and f4.6 in the x trucks are far better engines. the xl does come with a few other things, like a 3 speed, better pipe (than the rtr) and a few other bits. the extended length of the xl helps with stability, but i dont think its enough of a reason to spend more money on a truck with a poor performing motor.

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »
^Yep.

I'd go for the SavageX 4.6 and pickup a 3speed from an XL on eBay if you want that.

I own an eRevo as well.  By FAR a better handling truck if you want to go fast around turns or on a track but since monster truck racing is pretty much dead, I'd still get the Savage for a kickass fun truck.
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Buy Revo 3.3 or Savage X ???

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx