gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Nov11 for BC Remembrance Day. open again Tues Nov 14

gfx gfx
gfx
95659 Posts in 10264 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 22, 2017, 03:07:34 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  On/Off road Racing regional  |  Racers Point of View
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Racers Point of View  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
Racers Point of View
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
I'm not known for sugar coating anything. In fact some consider me quite blunt or opinionated. I however consider this a compliment and a valuableasset to my being of who I am and teaching my kids to stand up for what's right even if it means standing alone.
So when I do talk about racing locally its because I care about racing here.
I honestly feel racing is suffering worse now than it ever has in off road in all my memory of racing and it's not because of one guy or a few guys. It's politics and stubbornness of clubs.
Since when is a series race with under 75 entries a success when we have well over 200 racers that have shown they will travel. The island indoor race last winter proves this.
I'm sure POET is run well but I hear from guys they won't go , they'll just boycott the series because they killed CORCS .
I can't confirm poet is the reason for no corcs but I can confirm lack of club participation is. Who does this hurt?, the directors?, no. They will race one way or another as they volunteered their time and no corcs season means an easy year. Does it hurt the clubs?, yes. The clubs don't get the out of towers and club members don't get the reward of new friends or increased competition as well it creates conflicting dates with other clubs holding events. The ones who are hurt the most is the racers new and experienced.
I can vent and discuss this or I can seek solutions. I want to fix what's wrong here with racing and get nitro back into race series in bc.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:57:32 PM by Inferno »
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline Kris88

• Posts more than can be believed
  • Lets get down to brass tacks here....
    • View Profile
Re: Racers Point of View
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
I agree with you Rob

From a new racer to the hobby in the short time I have been racing (2nd year) I have seen a drastic decline in the lower mainland off road scene.  I now travel to other areas to get my racing in as if I relied on club races It would be a couple cars in each class and the same couple guys you race every weekend.  Not to sound like a broken record but if you take the Corcs series, the turnouts were good, we had racers form all over BC and even the states show up.  Now we cant even get enough people to have a 1 day trophy race

Im not pointing fingers, I dont have the answers, but I would love to find a way to turn this around and figure out some solutions

Offline 3.3 Over

• Need's a life!
  • still waiting for large events
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
well put Rob (and congrats man !!)

i still hit the track to run my rigs here and there and i will prob continue to do so - but - c'mon; we knew it was gonna be a bomb this season - crap loads boycotted it due to sense of direction it was headed

funny everyone is so scared to voice up.

i am quite postive there be a few more comments now though, lol, thats why i am voicing in - to get some action on this important matter

lets hope to avoid the old attempts of fictional personal attacks and guide next year to starting the rebuild at the success of the track again before next year kills it off

that is all
not all go go guys are actually go go guys

2124 Austin Ave, Coquitlam  604.931.1183
       ~ proud supporter of many events EXCEPT IAN TREE CUTTING ~

Offline notme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
From my point of view, first you need a track down there to race on. Camrc seems to be done with 2 day/big races and things havent gone well there for a while now(politics). Work on getting a new track or 2 and go from there. The chilliwack track seems to have a lot of potential and maybe something could happen in surrey.
Rob just let it go and let things be, go enjoy your backyard track and race a couple in the usa. Forget things here and just have fun.

Cue up metallica's "sad but true".

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »
Knowing how much work went into building the race scene and series and seeing where it went is just sad. I can easily sit back, race at Burlington and say screw local racing... is that going to make things better here?, what about the next racer that does the same and the next?... this isn't going to fix itself and what does that say if I turn my back completely on local racing? What does it say about racers who say and do nothing but know there is a problem?

I'll be running on RJ raceway... (back yard track) once the clay is set up and I will invite some racers over to have fun and seek answers.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline nanachachai

• postaholic
  • i know you're up to somethin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »
i love POUTINE! Bye!  8)
AE B5RM/T4.2...Thanks to my sponsors: Go Go Hobbies,SOR Graphics and Venom RC....and forever grateful to my girl Sue.

Represented by Prestige Worldwide

"Asphalt is for getting there...Dirt is for Racing!"

Offline Skunk

• 2 seconds faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:44 PM »
From my point of view, first you need a track down there to race on. Camrc seems to be done with 2 day/big races and things havent gone well there for a while now(politics). Work on getting a new track or 2 and go from there. The chilliwack track seems to have a lot of potential and maybe something could happen in surrey.
Rob just let it go and let things be, go enjoy your backyard track and race a couple in the usa. Forget things here and just have fun.

Cue up metallica's "sad but true".

I agree, the racing and participation at Coquitlam has been diminishing over the last 3 years and the board keeps doing whatever they want, and basically keeping their heads in the sand.... Nitro is dying because the racers aren't showing up..... There's still tons of rigs out there. Quit saying nitro is dying. Most nitro guys have 1 or 2 electric cars as well which is being ignored by the board's silly logic.... Electric is doing poorly too. 40 entries is not doing great.... Sorry. We aren't coming because its lame. Period.

A new track will be the only way to solve this problem.

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:56 PM »
I don't agree that a new track is the only solution Skunk.
I do agree a new track will help bring new blood into the hobby and maybe create a new atmosphere for racing but unless seasoned veteran racers are willing to take positions on the board to run the track as it should be you will be rolling the dice in a game of craps. Unfortunately there are some who won't step up to the plate because they don't think they can do it, see it as failed before they try and orwill wait till it's too late and the track is gone.
I have locally offered my help with race directing only to be told "Thats never going to happen Rob." which tells me I will never be welcomed back to a local club based on my opinions in regards to CORCS.... a series which until this year had been alive and well for over ten years with good turn outs and great racing for both nitro and electrics.
What happened?, I never knew local racers didn't want CORCS but wanted to run POET instead. Then it dawned on me. A handful of people showed up to the AGM locally and voted for this change, far shy of the general numbers who would have liked CORCS to continue. I'm not blaming CAMRC for no CORCS but I do hold local racers who are club members accountable that wanted CORCS but didn't go to the AGM.
This is what I'm talking about people, you the racers are not taking a role in your clubs, not making an effort to have a voice in it and then get mad when it doesn't go your way. If you don't like the way things are going in a club then be democratic about it and make your votes count. Bring issues up at meetings and have a voice. The board is not in power to promote their wishes on the track... they are elected to promote and fulfil the clubs wishes as best as they can. If the club votes for POET then so be it. If the club votes CORCS then the board must follow thru with what the club wants.
This goes for many things not just a series, for example.... rules regarding classes, marshalling duties, classes run and how long mains and qualies are, format etc.
Starting a new track means stepping up and following the clubs direction as well as taking into account those with experience over new people to the hobby in areas that matter most. Before anyone gets upset let me explain...... If the club votes on a track layout and 4 guys with 15+ years experience suggest a jump section with medium sized jumps that flow based on scale car size, damage possibilities and or danger to track marshals I think they should have more say than 10 first year and second year rc'ers who want some massive air jump with no consideration to damage, safety and scale. Yes big air jumps are cool but placed in safe places where marshals can be clear.
I feel the board needs to swallow some pride and allow those with greater experience to help so next season can be more successful or they will see numbers drop even further, especially if another track happens locally. You cant shun experience and expect perfection.
In a nutshell what I'm saying is, experienced racers locally need to step up and take on bigger roles in club aspects or the club will continue to suffer (not just local clubs folks, all clubs) and club board members you need to expect more from the experienced racers. You need to get their input and they should be the guiding force within the clubs making them successful otherwise you are doomed to make great mistakes due to inexperience.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R

Offline Kris88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
at yesturdays race they said that all members will have a say if they come out and participate in the new track build.  So everyone who shows up to actually help with the construction will have a say in the new layout. 

I hope we can get some experienced racers out and all give our input for a track that will flow well and challenge all levels of skill and both 10th and 8th scale cars respectively

there are tons of good ideas if you search youtube for some of the bigger races in the US, we have the room and the facility's to do something awesome here, which I believe will bring alot of racers back to Kamakazi that have left over the last few years for various reasons

Offline Flying_Ace

• postaholic
  • MR. Hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
Brass tacks!
AKA ...Hair...

Offline Rubiconmike

• postaholic
  • Rubicon Racing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
I had to look it up.

In colloquial English, brass tax (often "get down to brass tax") refers to the fundamental or essential elements of a topic. Its origins date back to the 13th century and the signing of the Magna Carta, where an import duty levied on French-produced brass became the centerpiece of a long-winded debate.
Ft Sc10 4x4
Associated B6 all Reedeyd out.
AX10 my first Rc and still used
XR10 getting ready to rolle
And a bunch of Mini E Revos that are just a blast. MERV.
Ya that's it.
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=Rubiconmike1&view=videos&v=4IQCzW9ZB94

Offline Kris88

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »
it is one of my favourite quotes from fear and loathing in las vegas

"lets get down to brass tacks, how much for the ape"

Offline 3.3 Over

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
I had to look it up.

In colloquial English, brass tax (often "get down to brass tax") refers to the fundamental or essential elements of a topic. Its origins date back to the 13th century and the signing of the Magna Carta, where an import duty levied on French-produced brass became the centerpiece of a long-winded debate.

so what does brass tacks come up with then mike, other than Kris' movie quote lol

means the same thing i guess lol unless Kris spelled it wrong (like kris with a k for jeebuz sake  :o)

Offline Kris88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
just cant get past my name hey CHRIS!!!

so you coming to the island raceon the 21st or what

I see under your avatar your waiting for a big race, well this will be pretty big

Offline 3.3 Over

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »
Heh heh heh

2013 race I'll be there Khris

This years race I'll be moved to vernon already
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:36:13 PM by 3.3 Over »

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  On/Off road Racing regional  |  Racers Point of View

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.058 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx