gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 22, 2017, 11:56:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  off the track  |  any bodymen/resto guys
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: any bodymen/resto guys  (Read 1316 times)

Offline vonclod

• Need's a life!
  • rc baller
    • View Profile
any bodymen/resto guys
« on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
so im driving down lougheed in my 84 regal and the rear ds wheel comes off..someone i guess was trying to steal my wheels..no other explanation..hurt my car pretty bad, im ok..totaly wrecked the rear quarter..its ugly but i have more into this car than im willing to part with atm..so im seeing if anyone can do the job and how much..im really bummed right now :'(..this my baby and they are getting pretty hard to come by
before

after

frame needs some repair..have that covered..at least i can access it now :-[

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:45:47 PM by vonclod »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt

Offline mike m

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
    • OUTLAW RC
Re: any bodymen/resto guys
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:10 AM »
Aluminum rims do it.  The metal swells and shrinks in different temps.  I have had this happen toy jeep before twice.  Thank fully i have noticed a clunking while turning...lmao.  make sure they r tight once in a while is all u can do really
OUTLAW RC

Offline vonclod

• Need's a life!
  • rc baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
i checked them the day after i mounted them but not in the 3 monthes before the incident..checked after and everything else all good..it really sux..it drove so nice..picked up another regal but its pretty bagged, no where near as nice but a nice looking car worth fixing..too few left, i will wait and hopefully a qp will show up cuz this ride is worth saving
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:14:01 PM by vonclod »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »
I just got my pt back from the body shop. I use a shop just down scott and 92. this is second car they have done for me and the work is great, price is good and they provide loaner cars even if you aren't covered by insurance for one... call me if you are interested.

dude gotta see my pt now. all the goodies are in, just waiting for the hurst short throw shift to arrive and polished aluminum hard pipes for the turbo and intake lines. car is done... and I can get you a deal on the body work...

Offline vonclod

• Need's a life!
  • rc baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »
thanx man, i will pop by to check it out 8)
the problem is my qp is not properly fixable  so its a matter of waiting for one to show up at a wreckers that i can chop up, but its not looking good so far..but sooner or later one would think

Offline Paul B

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »
That is still a pretty common car for people to be tinkering on, I'd imagine there must be someplace you could order a replacement quarter pannel from
If it ain`t broke.... Try harder.....

XR-10

Scx10 Dingo (sons)
TL-01 Drifter
Scx10 Honcho (other sons)

Offline vonclod

• Need's a life!
  • rc baller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
oh how i wish..lol, there is a  company here in the lower mainland actually that  made fenders, rockers and other bits..no qp,s though ..they now dont supply anything older than 88 ..no im afraid no repro parts like that yet..people trying to keep these g body cars are relying on the wrecking yards mostly

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  off the track  |  any bodymen/resto guys

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.037 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx