gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 19, 2017, 07:03:36 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  New to the Drifting thing.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New to the Drifting thing.....  (Read 14745 times)

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
  • Losi Diehard Fanatic....
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Drifting thing.....
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 06:54:55 AM »
Plus now I can beat stef at something haha.

Ha ha! He is better than I am I will give him that. I will get better. My car will get better. Someday Jeff I will challenge you.....
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi MOA BJ3 Chassis. On the back burner....
-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Team Associated TC3 (x3)
-Losi XXXS

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »
  And my mother tough me not to be rude.

Need to have a talk with this woman.......

My Mum would just roll her eyes and say "Stefan has always been a little.....difficult". Wise woman indeed!
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline devastator

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
Plus now I can beat stef at something haha.

Ha ha! He is better than I am I will give him that. I will get better. My car will get better. Someday Jeff I will challenge you.....

Game one buddy. Set a drift run and let's do it
Back in the game.

Scx10 Jk Kit build. WIP.

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »
Ha ha! Give it time. Give it time.
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
So I picked up some HPI T Drifts ( pre-mounted) and I am having a blast. We did another session at BC Place last week and by the time we were done I was showing progress. It is a steep learning curve. Ha ha!

This was followed by a few sessions in my driveway this week. Again I was happy with my progress. I am getting better at throttle control and holding a slide. It almost looks like I know what I am doing. (I don't!)

Tomorrow night after work it is back to BC Place for another session with my buddy Nick. I will be charging up a few batteries tonight. Might even run a few through my Drifter as well. The driveway needs sweeping first.....maybe not. Ha ha! The Mini SCT doesn't mind a bit of dirt and twigs....
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline devastator

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Frick yeah buddy
Back in the game.

Scx10 Jk Kit build. WIP.

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 06:34:59 PM »
To bad you can't make it Friday. Nick will only have me to run into...
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 11:46:23 PM »
Well that was fun. Three hours of drifting around. Still having some issues with predictability. My chassis needs to be balanced better. Will be shifting some stuff around and maybe adding some ballast.

And then there is the motor... Sparks are not good. I know that....

Well about two hours in I started to feel a glitch at low throttle. A hesitation that was right in a spot that messed with my modulation as I was drifting. I could work around it but I was really starting to bug me. Now at first I blamed it on my ESC setting. I had adjusted my Punch since the last time I had been at BC Place. I figured I didn't notice it at home due to the different between the two surfaces. Wrong!

Not sure yet why but the motor was the issue. About three hours into the session I noticed sparks coming from the brushes. Ha ha! The secound motor this beast has eaten. The good news was that I had only payed $25 for this motor and I had gotten my money's worth. Now I could keep running it or switch it out. Only problem is I am going from a 27 to a 35. Should be all right though. And eather way.....I will just live with it. 

Update. The switch is done. Not bad....
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline Firestorm-VXL

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
If you need help with setup, head to Afro's one night. He is always helping out, and i know he has a nice setup to completely balance the rig.
Axial scx-10: Emaxx 2spd tranny, dual 12t Titan, Dual XL5
Sakura D3: Castle Sv2, Castle 5700kv brushless
Losi Micro Truggy (stock) <--Daughters
Tamiya TA05 XL5, Silver Can
Tamiya TT01 Xl5 12T Titan
Tamia CC01 AE-1, Turnigy 55t <--Sons
Random Boat Mono with Graupner O/b Proboat 60a 1800kv brushless

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »
I am planning on coming out. My buddy Nick and I may be out soon on a Friday night. We are both really bad but eager to learn... Ha ha! And Nick has target fixation so he runs into everything he looks at.  You'll know him when you see him drive....or more like when he sees you....
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline Firestorm-VXL

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
I am planning on coming out. My buddy Nick and I may be out soon on a Friday night. We are both really bad but eager to learn... Ha ha! And Nick has target fixation so he runs into everything he looks at.  You'll know him when you see him drive....or more like when he sees you....

Haha, im far from good myself but I learned a lot last week hangin out with the guys

Offline devastator

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »
Well that was fun. Three hours of drifting around. Still having some issues with predictability. My chassis needs to be balanced better. Will be shifting some stuff around and maybe adding some ballast.

And then there is the motor... Sparks are not good. I know that....

Well about two hours in I started to feel a glitch at low throttle. A hesitation that was right in a spot that messed with my modulation as I was drifting. I could work around it but I was really starting to bug me. Now at first I blamed it on my ESC setting. I had adjusted my Punch since the last time I had been at BC Place. I figured I didn't notice it at home due to the different between the two surfaces. Wrong!

Not sure yet why but the motor was the issue. About three hours into the session I noticed sparks coming from the brushes. Ha ha! The secound motor this beast has eaten. The good news was that I had only payed $25 for this motor and I had gotten my money's worth. Now I could keep running it or switch it out. Only problem is I am going from a 27 to a 35. Should be all right though. And eather way.....I will just live with it. 

Update. The switch is done. Not bad....

35 is pretty slow. Grab an axial 20 or an hpi 15 for now
Back in the game.

Scx10 Jk Kit build. WIP.

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 08:58:49 AM »
It was all I had on the shelf.  I will grab a faster one as soon as I can get to the hobby shop.
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline Firestorm-VXL

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »
One thing I noticed, If you go brushless make sure its sensored. I have problems e-braking and getting right back on the throttle without waiting for it to find the motors direction.

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »
I like brushed motors myself. I have a few mini brushless cars and they are crazy fun but I like the feel of the brushed motor. I like to be able to dial in wheel spin.

So I took my new 35t motor set-up for a spin last night. I only ran on 1300 through it but I got a feel for what it was doing. Yes it is a lot slower than the 27t but it is so predictable. It is a lot of fun. Ultimately I will be going to a faster motor but for now this is not a bad set-up. Maybe I will mess with gearing....... Not!

Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  New to the Drifting thing.....

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Page created in 0.187 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx