gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95659 Posts in 10264 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 22, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  Need advice on competitive Pan car for indoor Carpet / on-road
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need advice on competitive Pan car for indoor Carpet / on-road  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Bash3r

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Ok, I am liking the looks of on-road racing, thinking to get into it, I know for Short course racing the "best" is the Losi scte, for 4x4 buggies its the rc 8.2e (Arguably), I have zero experience with on-road cars and am looking for something competitive mostly out of the box kind of thing and not super hard to work on, lastly want it kind of reliable and have parts readily available locally, thanks for the tips beforehand people!

PS. Not looking for a drift car, want carpet / on-road racing :)

Offline nolo148

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice on competitive Pan car for indoor Carpet / on-road
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »
pan car as in 2wd foam tire cars or 1/10 4wd touring car? You should check out overgeared racing this weekend on Saturday, lots of competition whether it be pan car or touring car and there is a raffle for a car too.
http://forums.rcpitstop.com/index.php?topic=29230.0
Owen Ren
Overgeared Racing BOD (Facebook - Overgeared Racing)
I Team ORCA I Team Pro-Spec I Team Yokomo I

Offline Bash3r

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »
4wd was what I had envisioned if theres a active race scene for that? 1-10 scale

Offline Tee squared

• Need's a life!
  • Redline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
Find yourself either a Losi JRXS or JRXS-R. Both are discontinued but parts are still easy to find, and they are arguably one of the best handling 10th scale touring cars anywhere. Unless you are really hard on your stuff than parts probably won't be an issue anyways since it's such a sturdy design. I sold the three I owned last year and I recently saw them for sale again in the For Sale section. Might be worth checking if they are still there.

Of course lots of guys will tell you the latest X-rays are the way to go, and I don't disagree other than they are scary expensive. You shouldn't pay more than $1-200 for a JRXS in 9/10-10/10 condition.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:19:16 AM by Tee squared »
T2

Offline Dukk

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 04:11:56 PM »
$150 buys you an Associated TC4 club racer chassis.  Probably the most popular touring chassis of all time (TC3/TC4) so parts are everywhere and the car is dead easy to work on.  I own 4 of these chassis and use them for onroad, drift, rallye, and drag racing. 
Associated T4, RC18T, TC4 (x3: Drag, Drift, Race)
HPI Baja 5BSS, SavageX, E10, 510 Cup Racer
Traxxas Slash, e-Revo Brushless
Tamiya M-05 Mini, Kyosho Blizzard
Custom 34Ford Turk
Spektrum DX3s

"You all need to look at what this is all about, remember that it's FUN, and you don't always win"
 - Wes

Offline Big_gord24

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
Owen has the best suggestion... come out on Saturday and see what everyone is running we have a 1 Day Trophy Race organized with drivers coming from out of town...9 Different Classes from Touring to Mini, F1 to the Touring based VTA cars......... Yes to jump into touring its a little pricey if you don't know what you are looking for. I could sit here and blow sunshine and rainbows up your ass telling you that you need the latest and greatest.... But I wont do that. You don't need to buy new if you just want to test the waters and see if you enjoy on-road. There are plenty of used chassis available, some of the Hardcore racers replace their cars every year or 2.  Some are listed others are sold by word of mouth. As for any of the Losi Touring Cars... You would be at a disadvantage from the start. The newer lipo packs are too thick to fit in them and the proper gear ratios for brushless are unattainable...spur gears are too big.  There are new options out there. The Schumacher entry level MiOne...Under $200 for the kit....to the Russian Sensation Awsomatix... I think around $800 to your door. They can both race in the same class. They both need to be tuned properly. They both need a driver behind the wheel. There will always be a "BEST" in somebodys opinion... The cars are all similar in one way or another...Your preference counts... There are lots of options... I run Yokomo, others run Associated, Serpent, Awesomatix, Xray... All good cars... Some of the Local shops stock parts for Associated, Tamiya,Serpent and Xray... Swing by... ask questions...  Enjoy yourself... Thats what were here for...to play with our Racecars (Toys)

Address:
Peace Mennonite Church
11571 Daniels Road
Richmond, B.C. V6X 1M7

facebook.com/overgearedracing (Carpet)

facebook.com/vancouverrrr (Asphalt....Nitro and Electric)
"Tiny"
Race Tech Hobbies
Team Yokomo/ Team Pro Spec
www.gotm2.com (M2 Media Ltd)
Overgeared Racing BOD

Offline John

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:53:33 PM »
Sorry Tee,

the JRXS isnt even on the radar of racing anymore, and not the best suggestion because its discontinued and all the parts left are just that.

An associated car would be one of the cheapest to get into.

A serpent is a good alternative to xray now, as a local racer is bringing kits and parts in.

Tamiya's are a good starting kit, their mini is bulletproof, a tt01 or tb03 is strong to start with too.

smoothie.

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Onroad Racing lower mainland  |  Need advice on competitive Pan car for indoor Carpet / on-road

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.065 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx