gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Jul 30 for BC Day weekend. open again Tues Aug 2

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 21, 2017, 08:52:43 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Savage vs summit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Savage vs summit  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Aidan

• Posts more than can be believed
  • Doh! Nuts!
    • View Profile
Savage vs summit
« on: April 25, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
Has anyone owned both? What do you like about the savage?
What experiences have you had with a savage (good and bad)
I have a summit and am thinking about a savage but am not sure if the cost would be justified.
Tamiya Ford F-350 High-lift with MFC-02
Tamiya Tundra high-lift with 4 link,
D90
Ascender K5
SCX10 6x6
Axial Wraith
Wrexo
Twin Hammers
GCM Cross canyon scx10
IFS SCX 10,
Team Associated RC-10 original
Too Damn many others to list!

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Savage vs summit
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »
ive got a nitro savage, the best thing about it is you can beat the living crap out of it and itll still come back for more. its one tough truck. ive had it for 5 years now and i can count the things on one hand that ive broke (clutchbell, cracked motor plate and shock shaft in my crappy xtm shocks is all that comes to mind).

Offline xmods27

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
SAVAGE ALL TTHE WAY! I HAVE A FLUX!
savage flux hp
gmade r1
losi night crawler
boat
savage X
axial wraith x3
losi scte
mini erevo
hpi vorza
BAJA 5T!
Slash 4x4
KV-1 tank
Tiger I tank
T4
B44.3 AE

Offline neeper

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
I've got a Savage X 4.6 as well and a Revo 3.3, the Savage is way more fun and like Sharkey said it's one tough beast. It's got tonnes of power it's hard to keep it on the ground, I had to get the wheelie bar.
Baja 5B SS - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Savage X 4.6 - Futaba 4PL / Hitec
Revo 3.3
E-Revo
Emaxx

Offline Bash3r

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:09:18 AM »
they are completely different animals, I would say GO for it! I have a Savage XL and love it, can beat the hell out of it all day long, I launch it off things just knowing that it wont break, they're completely different vehicles, you wont feel like your driving a "slow Savage" with your Summit or likewise driving the Savage you wont feel like your driving a super fast Summit, they're very different and both are a BLAST to drive in their own rights, in my Savage I drive it at 1/3 throttle or so and people are impressed, then pull a backflip with the twitch of throttle trigger and peoples faces just drop like they've seen something impossible happen, really a 12+ pound truck should not be able to go 50+ mph, jump over your house without breaking and do 100+ foot jumps all day long

PS, go brushless, you'll hate the Nitro version, endless tuning and crappy slow speed, well.. compared to your Summit the Nitro will be fast, but then the 1st time you try to drag race someone with a 6s brushless one... you'll feel like a slow stone age flinstone using your feet for propulsion (Cause thats what you'll be  >:D Brushless is at least 2x the speed of nitro, and you wont piss off neighbors everytime you run it, and best of all.. zero tuning!)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:14:58 AM by Bash3r »

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Savage vs summit

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.046 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx