gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 22, 2017, 11:57:43 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Buy and Sell  |  RC Cars for Sale  |  I propose a change to the rules (Mods, sticky?)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I propose a change to the rules (Mods, sticky?)  (Read 3529 times)

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
Re: I propose a change to the rules (Mods, sticky?)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
I agree with having a price, afterall, everone has an idea as to what they would like to get, so just post it! 

As for comments.  This is a forum, not Craig's List, so, I feel comments should be allowed.  A seller may need to come to terms that this market may not support that "high price tag" on the item.  Comments may be useful for any newbies as well.

However, pics should be a must!!!  And not a link to the manufacture's site indicating that " it looks like this".  Show us what you are selling!!!

As for bumping... it's a free world... or at least, a free post.  If one is too lazy to scan down the page and onto the next, it's thier own fault for missing something.   Daily bumping just indcates the seller's motivation to sell.

Regarding ad deletion, I feel it is curtious to leave it up for a few days marking the item as SOLD to update all those who where intersted.  After that, it sould be deleted promply.

However,  people need to understand the terminology regarding pricing, it is as follows:

"Firm" means the price is non-negociable.

"Asking" indicates what the seller hopes to get, but will consider offers close to the asking price.

"obo" stands for "or best offer".  This means the seller is open to ALL OFFERS!   A low dollar offer only indicates the item's value according to an individual (what it's worth to them) - IT IS NOT AN APPRAISAL OF THE ITEM'S WORTH!  Thus, if one isn't open to all offers, ommit using obo in your post.

... otherwise, I feel the for sale section is fine as it is.  Don't we have enough rules and regulations limiting our freedom as it is?
Reality is anything you believe.
Nevermind testing the water, just jump in and enjoy the thrill!
If you know you're insane - you're not!  It's the REAL crazies that don't know.
Just be yourself.  Cuz if you're not, you're acting like someone else.

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Shortly after posting my opinions, I came to a realization.  It's just my opinion, just like the majority of posts in this thread.  We all have ways of accomplishing various tasks.  We all have our own personal preferences regarding an array of topics.  Yet, is any one particular method better than another?  That's a matter of preference.

So... instead of complaining about how things could be changed to suit a personal preference, we should be saying... "THANKS WES!  FOR ALLOWING ME TO SELL MY GOODS ON YOUR DIME!"  I know I have benefited greatly from this.  And I know that I have funded various purchases from your store.  So, in the end, everything tends to balance itself out, when there is a little give and take.  ;)

Offline Chevota

• Need's a life!
  • Who said you have to grow up?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
Amen Minimonster

my only complaint in the for sale section is that you can't post a normal size picture to go with your item.

I'm only guessing here but i think that is why you don't see alot of pictures in the for sale section because of this.
LMRCC- Crawler President

2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - Pro / Sportsman Champion

6th Worlds 2016, France Pro

Sudu Pro Bully2
2.2s SuDu One FL

Proudly Sponsored By-
Team OTTSIX
Team DravTech
GOGO Hobbies

Offline SEANH

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »
Regarding ad deletion, I feel it is curtious to leave it up for a few days marking the item as SOLD to update all those who where intersted.  After that, it sould be deleted promply.

Just my 2c, but I think it is pretty clear that if an add is removed the item is no longer for sale or sold. Adds should be deleted as soon as possible.
Axial SCX10 Newbright JK
Axial SCX10 G6
Axial Wraith Spawn
Axial Ridgecrest

Offline Solitaire

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
Steve, don't apologize for your initial post...I thought it was spot on. Sean has a point though. Delete the ad if it's sold. Helps to keep things clean.
Mike, I think the forum software reduces the size of the pics to help with bandwidth, but if you click on one, it'll show up in full size.

Offline Chevota

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
then I suck Bob
cause 9 out of 10 times when I try to upload a picture it just tells me it to big and that the picture can only be 500kb I think and the message can only be 1040kb  or something along those lines  :( ::)
LMRCC- Crawler President

Sudu Pro Bully2
2.2s SuDu One FL

Proudly Sponsored By-
Team OTTSIX
Team DravTech
GOGO Hobbies

Offline brettd

• Need's a life!
  • I like beaches..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
Change the camera setting Mike. If its to hi res its a pain in the a$$
Sommmabich, who put that gate there?

Love is like a card game, you start out with hearts & diamonds, but in the end you're looking for a club and a spade!

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »
a couple of other forums im on have some good ideas on the for sale section. one of them its mandatory to post a picture of the item that has a piece of paper with your screen name and the date. being a local forum with most of the transactions not being shipped, i dont think that would be needed here, although its not bad practice. prices are also mandatory, be it obo or firm. threads not following the criteria get locked right away till they are fixed. it takes strict mods to make it work.

another forum im on uses the classified section as listings only. the posts are automaticly locked and its all dealt with via pm. this stops the discussions, price bashing, bumping, etc. i think its a good idea myself.

just a couple thoughts

Offline Solitaire

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »
then I suck Bob
cause 9 out of 10 times when I try to upload a picture it just tells me it to big and that the picture can only be 500kb I think and the message can only be 1040kb  or something along those lines  :( ::)

Yeah, there has to be a size limit to save bandwidth.
If you have a program that can resize your pics to 800x600, that should work.
Or do what Brett suggested.

Offline SCRPNBY

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • LMRCC Scale board member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »
When I take pics to post I set my camera to 640 x 480 or email size. The pics show up small an the post, but if you click on them they will come up much larger.
TF2
Wraith
SCX10
Clod Truggy
Trail Trekker
MiniZ
Slash 4x4 lcg
Nichimo Spirit FF

Offline Chevota

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 06:44:24 AM »
ya i guess the problem is i take most of my picture with my phone
When i did use my camara even when set to the lowest setting it still wouldn't let me download  :(

I understand that they need to put a cap on picture size but alittle bigger would be nice
LMRCC- Crawler President

Sudu Pro Bully2
2.2s SuDu One FL

Proudly Sponsored By-
Team OTTSIX
Team DravTech
GOGO Hobbies

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 10:11:12 AM »
As one of the mods on this forum that periodically cleans up old or sold posts I agree there should be some changes. Prices need to be there but should not be limited to trades. Pictures in most cases are needed. Bumping allowable every 48 hrs should be fine if there has been a lot of action on the forum but not needed if your ad is still on page one. 8)
I don't mind doing the clean up as I do here n there. I also look over ads to see what kind of discussion is going on when I see a few posts on an item.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »

Just my 2c, but I think it is pretty clear that if an add is removed the item is no longer for sale or sold. Adds should be deleted as soon as possible.

I have personally experienced a seller having a change of heart while in the midst of negotiations. 

I also recall past conversations with other forum members regarding sale items that where delted shortly after being posted...

As previously mentioned, we all have preferences, and one set of rules fails to please everyone.  Personlly, I enjoy the freedom we have on this forum, and stand by the "THANKS WES!!!" perpective.  8)

Offline oldrc

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »
Time for a bump on this one ;)
Old enough to say I've done it and young enough to do it again.........and again

Offline minimonster

• Need's a life!
  • uniquely insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:23 AM »
Time for a bump on this one ;)

Hoping for a change... or to support the "THANKS WES" perspective...  ;D

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Buy and Sell  |  RC Cars for Sale  |  I propose a change to the rules (Mods, sticky?)

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.041 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx