gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 21, 2017, 08:43:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  The Short Course  |  surrey bashing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: surrey bashing  (Read 2586 times)

Offline kristo Mueller

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
    • Home of OutlawRC
surrey bashing
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »
Thought maybe I'd start a thread in regards to the bashing community of surrey. I take my kids out on occasion to a couple of places in surrey and have been wondering if there's a popular place in surrey people tend to bash at? Be cool to get together with other rc owners maybe and just spin some off road wheels. Myself I frequent action bmx and Betty huff.
OutlawRC - Club President

Where the road meets the dirt!

Offline bradr

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: surrey bashing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »
It would be good to get out and bash with others.  Closest to Surrey that I've been bashing is down by the new Construction on River Road (probably another 3 to 4 months before the area is gone as it is being built up it looks like.)  I think it is 92nd and River Road but I could be wrong.

I've been thinking of giving Action BMX a try but was never sure how busy it was with the BMXers or how good of a location it is.  How do you find it?

Both Action BMX and Betty Huff are pretty close to me, unfortunately we're pretty busy till July and it seems that time for RC is quite limited.  Got out for an hour last weekend until I busted my servo arm :(.

Offline kristo Mueller

• View Profile
    • Home of OutlawRC
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:27 AM »
Premature busting sucks. Im not to hot on action as the hills are steep and in my eyes its a lot of high heavy landings but with practice you can run the coarse pretty spectacular. But like said its hard landings. I've never been down to river road construction. A lot of open road driving I take it

Offline bradr

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »
The open road down there is not very good as the surface is very sandy and loose on the concrete.  Its usable but kicks up a lot of dust and you don't have a lot of control due to the sand.  The road is completely closed to traffic though (with concrete barriers) so that part is nice.

Besides the roads, its mostly a mix of dirt, and very bumpy dirt / mud depending on how long its been since its rained.  Real pain to clean after running there when it is a little muddy but still fun.

I generally bash with my SC10 (2WD) or Savage XS depending on the surface and what I am doing, the east-side dirt/mud down there is not very good for 2WD unless you stick to the road in my opinion.  The west-side dirt/mud is more fun but messy.

Offline Robotron

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
The dirt jump park in White Rock by Softball city is actually quite good. I used to run my old slash there all the time, there's never too many bikers there and when there are, there's a small 25' x 40' banked dirt oval with a couple jumps that i guess was for kids which is tons of fun as well and nobody ever uses it.

There's also the BMX track by the Queensboro skatepark that nobody uses that would be awesome too.
Also in Cloverdale at the skatepark on 168th & 64th there's another BMX track that never gets used as there is now a proper mountain bike course they all use instead.

Offline SRIslash

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:19:09 PM »
I'd be in on some evening bashing,just an old XXXT and a 2Wd Slash but Softball City is close and good. I have been turfed from 168th spot last year by the bylaw officer and it needs cleaned up anyway. The Action one is definitly heavy landings and busy with BMX'ers. Just tossing my 2 cents in.
Axial Custom Dingo   Axial SCX Tuber
Slash MM 1415         Losi XXT VXL
Sprint2 cc1406          Fightercat CF twin
Miss Geico CC1515    NQD Mod Jet
Mono CC1415           Flat bottom drag boat

Offline kristo Mueller

• View Profile
    • Home of OutlawRC
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
Interesting that both you last posts mention softball city in white rock. My apprentice mentioned that place today to try out. I had no idea of one in white rock lol. I'm gonna have to go check that place out

Offline SRIslash

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
Just beware of the skatepark temptation, It's all fun till someone loses an arm(suspension) LOL
Axial Custom Dingo   Axial SCX Tuber
Slash MM 1415         Losi XXT VXL
Sprint2 cc1406          Fightercat CF twin
Miss Geico CC1515    NQD Mod Jet
Mono CC1415           Flat bottom drag boat

Offline bradr

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
Went to check out the BMX track by the Queensborough skate park this evening and it was pretty nice.  You can tell from the weeks that no one really rides or uses it, but it is nice for the RC cars.

I'll probably be heading there for some of my offroad bashing.

Offline kristo Mueller

• View Profile
    • Home of OutlawRC
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »
Looks like my sons and I are heading to the softball city in white rock tomorrow for an hour of bashing or so.probably around 1ish. Pm me  if you wanna bash up?

Offline the flying mudman

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • OutlawRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »
I go down to action bmx. It's really not that bad, as I drive a sc10 4x4. As long as you don't go over kill on throttle. The first straight is awesome you can basically hold 'er 3/4 throttle and pretty mellow on truck. Also the very end straight isn't to bad same with second. It's all throttle control for sure. Intact there used to be a rc track right behind it when I raced there as a kid. As for bmx bikes, go first thing in morning. I never had a problem. Some guy with a hpi baja went there was real cool to watch. The berms are like big awesome jumps too. Just got to look at it from a different angle. The only thing I broke was the part that holds the two pins for my rear arms on chassis side. I have broken shocks and everything else at kamakaze anyway.
OutlawRC

Offline bradr

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
Went to the Queensborough BMX track and bashed a little with a friend (he has a 1/5 scale buggy.)  I had a good time went through 2 packs and got lots of good fun air.

He had a good time until he snapped a steering arm :(.

I'll definitely go back there as it was good fun.  Not as fun as some of the other places I've gone but definitely the best place that is somewhat close to where I live.  At some point I might head out to the softball city location but it is pretty far from everyone.  Queensborough is nice because it is central for most of my bashing friends and myself.

Offline Cory

• Need's a life!
  • Locked 4 life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »
thanks for this guys. im in south burnaby, and didnt know about this  8)
convicted crawlaholic
original twp member

Offline ShooGoo

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 08:06:17 PM »
Theres also the skatepark and bike park in cloverdal, was there today with a bike and a slash, lots of fun to whip around the quarter pipe busting huge flairs and hips, until i broke a driveshaft.. Very busy on weekends though, not so much weekday evenings. No one really likes you going there, big sign outfront that says no toy cars, but they dont care aslong as its not too busy.

Anyone wanna buy a stampede?
Slash 4x4
Slash 2wd LCG
Syma X1 Quadcopter
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1y0xcXh8sps1L6q4v1RWzQ

Rc PitStop

Offline jacombe

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »
Is this done for the season??
Tekno sct410
Axial wraith
Traxxas slash 2wd lcg
Axial exo

Outlaw RC

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  The Short Course  |  surrey bashing

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.058 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx