gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !!    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 20, 2017, 10:08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  Suspension tweaks....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Suspension tweaks....  (Read 684 times)

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
  • Losi Diehard Fanatic....
    • View Profile
Suspension tweaks....
« on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:02 AM »
So I did a little mod on my TC3 shocks a few days ago and man what a difference.

I was poking around in Drift sites and ran into a thread about shock modes (then lost where it was or I would post a link). But one mod that stood out was a dampener hole valve that worked on rebound. Basically you make a little one way valve that half covers the dampener holes. It is placed on the bottom of the piston. It's a bit finicky to make them "just right" but the results are awesome. Now bear in mind this is for the rear shocks only and it's purpose is to slow the back end down as you initiate "the flick" between transitions. Only down side is the shock can stack (compress) on continued long drifts but I haven't noticed it myself.

Awesome mod! I did it on a set of Losi shocks but I will be doing it on all my cars now.

Do you guys have any other input or favorite mod's you do to your suspension?
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi MOA BJ3 Chassis. On the back burner....
-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Team Associated TC3 (x3)
-Losi XXXS

Offline Firestorm-VXL

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Re: Suspension tweaks....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
you mean the slow rebound mod ? I tried that at some point, but got frustrated when i couldn't get an identical rebound rate
Axial scx-10: Emaxx 2spd tranny, dual 12t Titan, Dual XL5
Sakura D3: Castle Sv2, Castle 5700kv brushless
Losi Micro Truggy (stock) <--Daughters
Tamiya TA05 XL5, Silver Can
Tamiya TT01 Xl5 12T Titan
Tamia CC01 AE-1, Turnigy 55t <--Sons
Random Boat Mono with Graupner O/b Proboat 60a 1800kv brushless

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
My first attempt is far from perfect but still a huge improvement over what I had going on before. I'll be doing a few more attempts trying to get it "just right".

I think I'll be buying a shock balancing tool in the near future.....

I also need to figure out a way to balance my chassis. I have a small electronic scale but really I need four.... I need to figure out some standard set-ups for each of my cars. At this point I am just driving what I have rather that tuning to how I drive.   

Well enough with the chit-chat I am heading out to the garage to play. Gotta get my drift on...
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline matt

• postaholic
  • Armature Alley Scale RC Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
LOL.  Wow, you're sure right into it.  That's cool.  I was for many years, but it left me. 

My all time favorite suspension mod is definitely: pour oil into the shock, then dump it all out.  Leave a little residue for lube.  Also rub some Losi green slime on the stansion to keep that action smooth through the seals.  That's how you get the cool 'bounce'.  Looks great in videos in slow motion.  Especially if you set your droop just right. 
Traxxas DTS-1 Drag Timing System
TC4 Drag Car one fwd and one rwd
scx 10 scaler
rwd cup racer
4wd cup racer
Losi Drift R (R is for Rally)
Silverlit Ducati

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »
Yes Matt I am "into it" right now as I have a ton to learn. It also keeps me out of trouble. Ha ha!
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  Suspension tweaks....

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.035 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx