gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95659 Posts in 10264 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 21, 2017, 02:16:29 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  Carnage ! How appropriate...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Carnage ! How appropriate...  (Read 944 times)

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
  • Losi Diehard Fanatic....
    • View Profile
Carnage ! How appropriate...
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:48:05 AM »
So in less than 24 hours all 3 of my rigs have been sidelined with issues. First a motor (nicknames Sparky by WTFox) then the one way on the Losi and then another motor. Ha ha! Gong Show!

Of the two motors the last was the best. It got so hot the ground lead melted off the motor. There was smoke and I half expected it to catch fire. Not 100% sure but I think the timing bell worked loose and advanced the timing....  I couldn't touch the motor twenty minutes after it smoked.  All good  now. Fitted a 20t can motor and it runs smooth and no heat at all.

The Losi is another story. A buddy of WTFox was trying it out. Slammed it into one to many things (walls, fence and me!) I took a quick look at it last night and I suspect the one way bearing is the issue. I'll tear it down later. I have a ton of spare parts but not those bearings. It may go back to standard. Not a big deal as it's my basher and loaner rig .......

But for about an hour last night I had no functional rigs. Ha ha! Had me worried....
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi MOA BJ3 Chassis. On the back burner....
-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Team Associated TC3 (x3)
-Losi XXXS

Offline brettd

• Need's a life!
  • I like beaches..........
    • View Profile
Re: Carnage ! How appropriate...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
Don't you have a crawler to get together?
Sommmabich, who put that gate there?

Love is like a card game, you start out with hearts & diamonds, but in the end you're looking for a club and a spade!

Offline matt

• postaholic
  • Armature Alley Scale RC Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 04:36:45 PM »
I have quite the motor grave yard here, lathe, brushes etc.  If you ever need something repaired, I can usually fix it.  If it's rebuildable, and you completely fry it, it usually just needs a comm. and brushes and a good cleaning.
Traxxas DTS-1 Drag Timing System
TC4 Drag Car one fwd and one rwd
scx 10 scaler
rwd cup racer
4wd cup racer
Losi Drift R (R is for Rally)
Silverlit Ducati

Offline Firestorm-VXL

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:02:26 AM »
ya, I just recently overheated up a hpi 15t firebold, in my ta05..... too much resistance on the motor I think. might be time to drop gearing and CS
Axial scx-10: Emaxx 2spd tranny, dual 12t Titan, Dual XL5
Sakura D3: Castle Sv2, Castle 5700kv brushless
Losi Micro Truggy (stock) <--Daughters
Tamiya TA05 XL5, Silver Can
Tamiya TT01 Xl5 12T Titan
Tamia CC01 AE-1, Turnigy 55t <--Sons
Random Boat Mono with Graupner O/b Proboat 60a 1800kv brushless

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
I am back up and running. Both my TC3 got new(ish) motors.  #1 got a Intergy  35t and I switched to 3s. #2 got an Axial 20t on 3s. Cheap fix as they where on the shelf.

I tested the Axial motor with a few high rev laps and the motor and ESC don't warm up at all. RPM is down a touch but I can work with it.  Now the Intergy motor only went in last night. I stripped down my Losi MOA Crawler and these motors are now spare. Figured for now I'd us one till another 27t brushed motor finds it way to my bench.

My Losi XXXS still needs a tear down. But by 2am last night I was done..... later....
Stefan M

LMRCC NOVICE COMP CRAWLER 2012 OVERALL CHAMPION. (HA HA! I showed up. So what if I suck! Winning!)

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

Offline NFG

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
Well had a chance to really shake down the cars the last few days. The new motors are not ideal but they are close. The plus is that both are running very cool. After a good five minute thrash both the motors an ESC are only warm to the touch. A good guess on my part on gearing. Ha ha!
Stefan M

-Losi Comp Crawler
-Losi Mini SCT x2
-Losi XXXS

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  On the slide  |  Carnage ! How appropriate...

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.041 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx