gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95658 Posts in 10263 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 20, 2017, 05:26:33 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Offroad Racing Lower Mainland  |  2014 CAMRC Policies and Schedule- A revision- as of March 12 2014
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2014 CAMRC Policies and Schedule- A revision- as of March 12 2014  (Read 1545 times)

Offline CAMRC

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
CAMRC 2014-

Kamikaze Track, GPS Address: 1837 Pipeline Rd, Coquitlam BC. Next to the flying field, in the Upper Coquitlam River Park

Updated Policies: As of March 12, 2014

To Address: Race Day Structure, to improve fairness, and in consideration of changing track conditions throughout the day
Solution: New Structure Created

Every entry will run 20 mins total throughout the day- Nitro drivers will pay a $5 marshaling deposit to those who marshal
the 15 minute Nitro Mains, due to the discrepancy between Electric and Nitro Main running times, and time spent marshaling
(ie: A Nitro driver, who does NOT marshal another Nitro race, will only be marshaling 10 mins in the day, while an electric
driver may be asked to marshal 30 mins throughout the day. Under the current system this discrepancy will be compensated
with $5.)

Everyone will run 1 5 min Qualifier, results of Qualifier will be determined by FASTEST LAP

Electrics will then run 3 Mains, each 5 mins long, with Double Bumps from the first main ONLY

Nitros will run 1 5 min qualifier, with the second main of electrics, with Double bump ups, to allow for a later start, later sign up
Nitros will run 1 15 minute Main

Nitros are given later sign up, and later start time, to accommodate nitro racers from other communities

To Address: Membership Fess
Solution: Membership prices remain unchanged this season- except age cut off, where indicated

$60 Single Membership
$40 Racer's Discount- Racers attended 5 races from the previous season
$20 Young Person's Membership- Person's aged 20 years of age and under- Age amended from 16
$10 Additional Family Member Membership, per person

To Address: Revised Racing Fees
Solution: Re-revised,

Electric Members                                                              Electric Non- Members
$10 First Class                                                                      $20 First Class
$10 Second Class                                                                  $20 Second Class
$5 Third Class                                                                      $10 Third Class

Nitro Classes:

All Nitro Drivers will be assessed a $5 Marshaling Deposit, to be paid to Marshall's who marshal the Nitro Mains-
If Nitro Driver marshals Nitro class, the deposit will lower Nitro fees to that of electrics     

Nitro Member                                                                    Nitro Non Member
$10+$5 First Class                                                                  $20+$5 First Class
$10+$5 Second Class                                                               $20+$5 Second Class

3 Class Maximum

To Address:
Novice/ New Comer Rates
Solution: As posted, note these remain the same, except age level has increased from 16 to 20

Novice Member Rate: Under 20: $2
                                                                                     Novice Non Member Rate: Under 20: $5
Novice Member Rate, Over 20: $5
                                                                                     Novice Non Member Rate, Over 20:$10

To Address: Previously posted schedule conflicted with NCT series, and NRC events.
Solution: To the best of our ability, we have amended the schedule to the following:

April 6- Club Opener- FREE Member event, Non members assessed fees TBD
April 13- 1 st Points Day
April 27- 2 nd Points Day- NCT Wenatchee, sorry no solutions available
May 4- 3 rd Points Day
May 25- 4 th Points Day- NCT Spokane, Sorry no solutions available
June 1- 5 th Points Day
June 8- 6 th Points Day- Moved off of June 22, to accommodate NCT event
July 13- 7 th Points Day
July 19, 20 -2 Day Race Event, Moved from August 16, 17 to accommodate NRC event, also moved to accommodate NCT event
Aug 10- 8 th Points Race
Aug 24- Make Up Points Race
Sept 7-9 th Points Race
Sept 14- 10 th Points Race
Sept 28- Wrap Race- AGM- FREE Member Event, Non- members assessed fees TBD

CAMRC will create two throw-outs for the season, to accommodate conflicts

Schedule subject to revisions, subject to weather conditions

To Address:
Points Structure, Lack of clarity surrounding how points are calculated, previously
Solution: New Simplified Structure

No TQ Points are awarded

1 st Place: 25 Points
2 nd Place: 23 Points
3 rd Place: 22 Points
4 th Place: 20 Points
5 th Place: 19 Points
6 th Place: 18 Points
7 th Place: 17 Points
8 th Place: 16 Points
9 th Place: 15 Points
10 th Place: 14 Points
11 th Place: 13 Points
12 th Place: 12 Points
13 th Place: 11 Points
14 th Place: 10 Points
15 th Place: 9 Points
16 th Place: 8 Points
17th Place: 7 Points
18 th Place: 6 Points
19 th Place: 5 Points
20 th Place: 4 Points
21 st Place: 3 Points
22 nd Place: 2 Points
23 rd Place: 1 Point

Structure should allow points for all racers

To Address: too early a start for a lot of racers
Solution: Sign up closes at 10 am, Driver's meeting to follow, Racing immediately after

To Address: Reversing Concerns, Some reversing, others not.
Solution: REVERSE will be allowed on all races, only when the track is clear. Drivers are not permitted to reverse into the
line of other drivers. Will be reviewed as season progresses, and may be re-revised

To Address: Rain Out Policy
Solution: Monies collected, and retained for future race days are NON TRANSFERABLE between drivers.
Monies will be kept and may be used throughout the remainder of the season, and will only expire, if unused, at the end
of the race season, Not applicable to Special Events.- Amended from previous policy, which allowed monies collected to
expire after 1 month of non usage.

To Address: Lack of facilities at the track, including bathroom, power, and cell service
Solution: CAMRC board is looking into ongoing solutions, and will make future announcements as information is obtained

To Address:
Out of town racers, being non members, joining us on race days, racing fees
Solution: All out of town racers, will be charged MEMBER RATES- as has been standard practice from previous board policies

See you at the track!
2014 CAMRC Board
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:15:41 PM by CAMRC »

Offline CAMRC

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 CAMRC Policies and Schedule- A revision- as of March 12 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 08:19:36 AM »
Memberships for the 2014 season will be on sale at the track, from the board, starting on Sunday March 16 11 am- 2 pm while we are there for maintenance, weather permitting.

See you at the track!

Offline Skunk

• Posts more than can be believed
  • 2 seconds faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
So we've moved from 3 qualifiers as a standard to 1 now?  With the fastest lap the TQ and not the most laps in a 5 minute qualifier???? Why is it so different from other racing facilities? I dont understand.

Offline SteelHead[BC]

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
And we have to pay 5 bucks more each nitro class so if I run 2 I'm paying 10 bucks more ....
Sponsored by GOGO Hobbies

http://www.gogohobbies.com/

Offline CAMRC

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
The point of the one qualifier and 3 mains is simple:
unless u break in the first qualifier, your first qualifier is always fastest anyway, as the track is in the best shape of the day,
the second qualifier is normally pointless.

The point of club racing for some people is to practice for the "big races"
Those big races are normally 3 a mains, which is similar to the new format.

So aside from providing excellent experience to driver's in preparation of a "big race" format, we wanted to change things up,
why be like everyone else if we don't have to be?

As for the nitro, we felt the need to address a concern. We are not sure if everyone realizes it,
but for the last few seasons, the Nitro mains have primarily been marshaled by John P, Damien, and Ian (when he is not racing),
along with Scott (current president) and the odd volunteer, while the rest of the park clears out.

This season John P, Damien and Ian most likely wont be there to do the marshaling, and Scott has other responsibilities
he needs to attend to.

In past years, we have asked the Nitro community to supply their own marshals, and their own pit crew. The previous board
tried numerous times to address the ongoing concerns, and were told by many people that it would be addressed internally,
that we needed to trust everyone driving nitro to handle the concerns themselves.

We trusted this, for several seasons.

Well, it hasn't been a solution, it s been an ongoing problem.

The $5 marshaling deposit, is hopefully a solution for this problem and we are hopeful that it is a step in the right direction.

Nitro cannot marshal nitro because either they are racing both classes, or they are pitting for someone else in the other class.
Those racing both nitro classes will then run for 40 mins, and marshal for 20.

While the Electric driver, with two classes, will run for 40 mins, and may marshal all day long, up to 60 mins.

$5 isn't much, but it is something.

Some people say we appear to be anti- Nitro. One of the track's advantages is that we are Nitro friendly, and we don't
face noise complaints. We are trying to keep the Nitro classes running, even when the numbers don't allow them to do this
on their own.

See you at the track!

2014 CAMRC Board

Offline Monty C

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
reverse is allowed?? doesnt seem far to the guys who dont have reverse.......and not sure about this 1 qual, fastest lap thing. so i can just go out and do 2 laps and pull it off? why run the whole 5 minutes if only 1 lap counts? heck i dont even have to start the race then right, i can jump in on the heat race 3 minutes in and do 1 good lap and pull it off right?

and who says nobody goes faster the second heat? if i go out the first heat and dont like my tire choice or setup i make changes for the second heat in hopes of improving my setup before the mains.

i dont know why tracks keep trying to change what has worked for ever, 2 heats, 1 main. you say you want people to get a feel of the big events but all the tracks ive gone to only about 10 percent of the racers are traveling racers who attend big events, the other 90 percent are club racers only out looking for a family day or just having fun in the hobby. they arent as serious as the 10 percenters and dont care about a big race format.

K.I.S.S quit trying to re-invent the box. go with what benefits the loyal club racers, you said it yourself, the 10 percent guys are just there testing, they dont care what the format is. half will leave before the triple A's are finished. they dont care about points...do what the weekend club racer wants, not what a few traveling big guns want.

i wont be as willing to travel up just for a fastest lap qualifier and triple A's, i would rather do 2 or 3 full length quals and a single main

keep up the hard work people, hoping the track gets it membership back up and good car counts

Offline Duffyscourt

• RC Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 11:39:40 AM »
I kind of agree,  catering to the %2 of the guys who travel and race big events is kinda foolish, they should be absolute last thing on the list guys.  its all about the club and having fun,  and it almost seems like we are catering to those guys and the Nitro??   the smallest percentage

Offline nanachachai

• postaholic
  • i know you're up to somethin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »
i don't see myself paying $40 for a raceday to race 2 classes.  i wish you guys the best but i don't see myself becoming a member just to race 1 or 2 racedays a year.  i will come out and visit the track...i hear there are vast improvements from last year.  maybe then i can justify the high race fees for the drop in racers.  good luck 2014!
AE B5RM/T4.2...Thanks to my sponsors: Go Go Hobbies,SOR Graphics and Venom RC....and forever grateful to my girl Sue.

Represented by Prestige Worldwide

"Asphalt is for getting there...Dirt is for Racing!"

Offline SteelHead[BC]

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
I'm out for this racing at this track like you said its way to expensive it would be 40 bucks for me to race and that's if I was a member ... Last your it was 20 ... Have fun this year hope there is some price changes for next year ..

I will have my track up and running soon
Sponsored by GOGO Hobbies

http://www.gogohobbies.com/

Offline Inferno

• Knights who say Neet!
  • Need's a life!
  • Ack!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 05:49:57 AM »
I have to agree. I'm not a fan of the race format, entry fees are a bit steep and on top of that some of us are stuck paying tolls to get there adding to our costs.
I do hope things get better there and pricing reflects that. I will be racing where the race day is standard format and I feel welcome.
Team Tekin
R.C. Pitstop
Durango DEX408
Durango DESC410R
Durango DEX410R
Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, they come out with a better idiot.

Offline CAMRC

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Hi everyone, here's the update, the portapottie should be on site before the next race, we are planning to have a combo lock on it so that members can use it during the week and it will be open on race days. Darwin and I spent our holiday friday putting up a huge wall to hopefully prevent anymore cars going over the back wall. For those who dont know, i bought a tamper some time ago, which the club will buy when the club can afford it. It's no ride on roller(way more work) but it's a start.

The main thing is the atmosphere at the track, gone is the us vs them thing, everyone is treated the same and everyone seems
more willing to help out. last sunday when it was time to fix up the track we had so many help we ran out of brooms and rakes
15 or more people helped. thats the most i've seen in the 4 years i've been back. great job everyone!

Many don't realize that at the last AGM John was actually announcing no racing in the park this season because no one was willing
to do the president job, rather than let the park go back to a grassy field I agreed to run this thing this year. So big improvement
number one is racing in the park this year. Concidering Camrc doesn't own much, and what we own is 15 years old or more. That was a bigger challenge
than some think. We are running this season due to the continued generosity of John Parzer. He has made it clear that this is
limited to the one season. So running next season is the next goal, We are doing pretty good towards that goal and should be able
to afford the stuff needed by the end of the season. If anyone has items they are willing to donate to the club that may get us to
the point where we can lower prices sooner. When those things are accomplished then we can try to make things better although
we've been trying to do that at the same time whereever we can.

The new format is working pretty well, the reverse allowed has helped alot! some dont realize our track area is nearly double the size
of burlington, the same number of marshalls can't cover the ground very quickly, this has helped and still no incidents.

One format change I need to announce is the Nitro. After discussion with the nitro members they would prefer to run the same
format as everyone else and have no marshaling deposit. That's even better for me, easier and completely even.

So now whatever type of car your have signup closes at 10am at the track and everyone will run one qualifier sorted by fastest
lap and 3 mains no matter how fast or slow you are. All Races and qualifiers are 5min. It's a compact format we start an hour later than last year and we are normally done before dinner. Also Rastio has started doing prereg. for us in the Camrc section if u want to get signed up
early.

Thanks for your continued interest in Camrc Cheers! -Scott

Offline CAMRC

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »
CAMRC has added a make up points race to the 2014 schedule.
Too Much rain at the beginning put us behind,

Aug 24- Make Up Points Race day.

See you at the track!

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  On The Track  |  Offroad Racing Lower Mainland  |  2014 CAMRC Policies and Schedule- A revision- as of March 12 2014

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.059 seconds with 14 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx