gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Nov11 for BC Remembrance Day. open again Tues Nov 14

gfx gfx
gfx
95659 Posts in 10264 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 November 22, 2017, 03:08:42 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Nautical Nonsense  |  Wet feet and fast boats  |  dumas scarab 60 deep vee build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dumas scarab 60 deep vee build  (Read 449 times)

Offline denomiteplyr

• RC Newbie
  • revo3.3 soon erevo conversion
    • View Profile
dumas scarab 60 deep vee build
« on: June 03, 2016, 06:14:10 PM »
I am building a retro scarab 60 dumas 45 inch deep vee rc boat. I am looking for parts and advice on a few topics of this boat. It is fiber class hull and what do I use to paint it? Paint wise I will be using a  air brush or air gun. Do I use bondo to fix any in perfections in hull? Or fiber glass resin? Also I will be using a old school k&b outboard leg with a electric motor. But how low into the water do I put the prop? In line with the bottom of the vee of the boat or lower them that?  Or higher? Sorry new to boats
Go BIG and go back to the hobby shop!

Offline SRIslash

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
Re: dumas scarab 60 deep vee build
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »
   Hello, as far as fixing blemishes I use glazing putty. I got mine from walmart. I have done many boats with it and it works great, drys reasonably quick(overnight if thick and an hour if thin) and sands decent.
   Your prop centerline should be a bit above the bottom of boat(1\4") If you put it too high up you can get a bigger prop to compensate but too low and you have a real time getting the right prop and sorting chine walking out.

A good start would be what electric motor are you wanting to put on this? Then you can establish a good prop size and by this can determine a good mounting height.

Shawn
Axial Custom Dingo   Axial SCX Tuber
Slash MM 1415         Losi XXT VXL
Sprint2 cc1406          Fightercat CF twin
Miss Geico CC1515    NQD Mod Jet
Mono CC1415           Flat bottom drag boat

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  Nautical Nonsense  |  Wet feet and fast boats  |  dumas scarab 60 deep vee build

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.051 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx