gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95643 Posts in 10256 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 September 19, 2017, 03:45:25 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Monster trucks 2007
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Monster trucks 2007  (Read 20997 times)

Offline Dr.Stupid

• RC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Need's a life!
  • stupid is as stupid does
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
Monster trucks 2007
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:38:25 PM »
Well here it is finally, the deal goes like this we need some guys to be involed in the show. We have a set crew and this year is going to have coryography to it. There is a pre show pit party that is 3-5 you must have your car on display and talk to the crowd about what you love to do with your cars. You'll need to sign a waiver and must by 18 yrs of age to be on the floor during the show, younger will need to be accompanied by a parent. So here it is....... What will you do to make the crowd crazy if you got in? We would like to have some new faces this year so if you got in last year you'll be considered after the new guys apply. Also you must be prepared with spare parts for your car, and have it in perfect workin order. You will only be expected to do the big possible car breakin stunt at the half time and last show of the night. Remember also that there is only 6 frequencies on 27 mhz so 75mhz or Spektrum is going to be a factor as well.
     So what would you do?
Dead line is thursday at 9 pm pacific time O0
There are no stupid questions, only that which remains unknown.

Offline Wise-Guy

• Need's a life!
  • We need more turns...
    • View Profile
Re: Monster trucks 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:01:47 PM »
AWWW MAN! I'm so close to finishing aluminizing my Jato :o But won't be finished after the show :'( Maybe next year hopefully...
-Traxxas Jato w/TRX 3.3
-Traxxas Revo w/Ofna Picco .26 MAXX Big Block
-Team Losi Mini-T w/Mamba 25

-'88 E24 BMW M-Technik 635CSi (Euro-Spec)
-'90 E30 BMW 325i Sedan x2
-'92 E36 BMW 318i Sedan

Too many friggin' toys!

Offline gasman

• Posts more than can be believed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 05:55:43 AM »
We were there last year but want to go again if there is room

Offline golddragoner

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:56:55 AM »
I would do it, but I so don't want to break my car :D

Pipeous

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »
I'd break my FG for the fun of it. I will have a box of spares with me. I just need to get some servos now and I am all set. 75 mhz synth, failsafe. I'll just put a bunch of stuff on the chassis that is bent that I straightened so I won't feel bad if I bend it. I have 2 complete front ends and almost complete rear ends plus a pile of arms and hubs.

I have never done the show and you know I can outalk anybody when it comes to a display hehe

Offline Wise-Guy

• Need's a life!
  • We need more turns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »
This is going to be held in BC Place right? How much is the tickets? and what day?
-Traxxas Jato w/TRX 3.3
-Traxxas Revo w/Ofna Picco .26 MAXX Big Block
-Team Losi Mini-T w/Mamba 25

-'88 E24 BMW M-Technik 635CSi (Euro-Spec)
-'90 E30 BMW 325i Sedan x2
-'92 E36 BMW 318i Sedan

Too many friggin' toys!

Offline Dr.Stupid

• RC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Need's a life!
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
tickets are 15.00 and it's on Saturday Feb 3/07

Offline golddragoner

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Tickets are either $20 or $25...You should check the box office prices there Wes :D. I bought the $25 ones cuz its closer :D

Offline delta164

• RC Nutz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:47 PM »
I (Steve Welsh) would be ready with my Losi XXXNT and REVO 2.5 (with 18tm engine). I was in last year so I guess I'll be considered after everyone else.

What would I do? Top last year obviously! Double back-flips, front flips, stalls, sideways everything. And of course the massive motocross jump in the main halftime show. Go big or go home right? As for the Losi, it's a little finiky sometimes but it is running great now and goes like stink. Not much of a back flipper but it definately flies high since it's powered by the old 2.5 Revo engine. I'd be taking it off the motocross jump from the start, and doing so until I ran out of parts or it exploded. Then I take the Revo out again.

Carnage wise: Last year I lost reverse gear, an air filter cap and destoryed a rear shock mount. So that means this year all that has to go, plus forward gears, the engine mount and all four shocks being destroyed beyond recognition. It's no fun if you don't break more than the year before and I wouldn't consider my job complete unless nothing came away from the show in working condition.

Both trucks are synthesized 75MHz so I'm really flexible with frequencies. The revo has tons of spare parts and I've got enough Losi parts to have a rolling chassis (including the chassis!). The revo is equipped with a failsafe which is easily swapped to whatever truck is on at the time or still working. Did I mention the REVO has a flourescent neon red body? :P

I can definately make 3pm and would happy to show up earlier if you need help setting up or anything like that.

Good luck to everyone who gets in and thanks for considering me Wes!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:35:49 PM by delta164 »

Offline golddragoner

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »
Well actually, I just remembered. I do have a crappy Nitro buggy that I'd be willing to break (its one of those cheap ones off Ebay that I got a long time ago) I'd have to start it up and see if it actually runs (should since the last time I started it was only 3.5 months ago). But I would probably need help from someone tuning the damn thing. Only thing is, I have next to no spare parts for it (also since I have a Spektrum that I can use in it I could control it from in the crowd :D)

Offline golddragoner

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
Hey, heres an idea for you guys. Why don't you have one car with a ramp attached to it (like retrofit the ramp to fit like a body). Then you can have a ramp to jump off of that also moves around the track. Imagine what the crowd would think if you were able to hit the ramp dead on when both of you are moving. Just have the ramp go slowly down a line of moving trucks and they jump one after another :D (Though I'd suggest an electric for the ramp idea due to them having lots of torque at a low RPM)

Offline Dr.Stupid

• RC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Need's a life!
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
that's a good idea ! moving ramp!! any way they claim 15 bucks for kids and a 5 dollar discount at some sponser stores.

Offline butterfly

• Knights who say Neet!
  • postaholic
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »
If I get to go I will look pretty and smile and talk to people about how cool the cars looks (cause that's all I know) and I will hang out and be a groupie and a runner for drinks and food.......lol  ::)
So please give me a chance to be cool....I won't scream too loud when you guys walk by.

It's always a good time for a ninja.
RC Pitstop

Offline Evil Klownz

• Death by R1....
  • Need's a life!
  • People Eating Tasty Animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 09:19:04 AM »
If I get to go I will look pretty and smile and talk to people about how cool the cars looks (cause that's all I know) and I will hang out and be a groupie and a runner for drinks and food.......lol  ::)
So please give me a chance to be cool....I won't scream too loud when you guys walk by.

NNNNNNnnnnoooooooooo......No girls allowed...Cooties.....
Durango SC410R, Kyosho Lazer zx-5 SP

Offline Dr.Stupid

• RC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Need's a life!
    • View Profile
    • RC Pitstop
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »
oh and I just talked to Nathan the dude in charge, NO DIRT THIS YEAR!! we need stuff to run over and jump, we must use the whole floor too!!!anyone got a extra Quarter pipe?

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Monster Trucks  |  Monster trucks 2007

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines Page created in 0.044 seconds with 13 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx