gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95696 Posts in 10289 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 October 18, 2018, 07:38:04 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  Whats a good nitro motor break in procedure?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Whats a good nitro motor break in procedure?  (Read 1151 times)

Chris

Whats a good nitro motor break in procedure?
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:14:12 PM »
Ive done the Traxxas break in before, just seeing what other people do for breakin...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:20:05 PM by Chris »

Offline gunsmith

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Whats a good nitro motor break in procedure?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:10:16 PM »
i used traxxases break in precedure on my jato it was pretty awsome. i no on youtube a couple weeks back i seen a video on how to break a engine in. but he was breaking in a savage

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
I don't waste much time. I idle a bit if fuel through rich to wash things out, then start leaning it out to get the temps up to around 200 degrees. you need 200 degrees to get the metal parts to "seat" in. after that I richen the needle a bit to do some driving. just slow figure 8 type stuff at first (also helps break in the difs going both directions). then drive going through throttle range, still a bit rich, never holding full throttle. just go up and down in a big area. after 3-4 tanks overall I start tuning the engine for some performance.

old school taught us to waste a lot of fuel idling over rich but it really doesn't do anything. as long as you bring temps up, then let it cool between (always with piston at bottom dead center) and work your way up to tuning for performance, you will be fine.

ofna.com has one of the best guides I have ever seen.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »
I don't waste much time. I idle a bit if fuel through rich to wash things out, then start leaning it out to get the temps up to around 200 degrees. you need 200 degrees to get the metal parts to "seat" in. after that I richen the needle a bit to do some driving. just slow figure 8 type stuff at first (also helps break in the difs going both directions). then drive going through throttle range, still a bit rich, never holding full throttle. just go up and down in a big area. after 3-4 tanks overall I start tuning the engine for some performance.

old school taught us to waste a lot of fuel idling over rich but it really doesn't do anything. as long as you bring temps up, then let it cool between (always with piston at bottom dead center) and work your way up to tuning for performance, you will be fine.

ofna.com has one of the best guides I have ever seen.
Thats basically the Traxxas method, besides the idle part. Im just replacing the piston, sleve, and con rod. Should I still be doing the full break in procedure?

Offline golddragoner

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 04:09:43 PM »
yep, the main reason for the break in is not only to flush out tiny little metallic particles, but to seat the piston with the sleve correctly and tightly.

Johnny9s

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 11:09:47 AM »
This is the method I have been using.  Seems to work really well.

http://www.cefx.net/tips/nitro/break-in/index.php

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Nitro talk  |  Whats a good nitro motor break in procedure?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.055 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx