gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop will be closed Sat. Nov11 for BC Remembrance Day. open again Tues Nov 14

gfx gfx
gfx
95657 Posts in 10261 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 December 14, 2017, 08:12:05 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  RC8 Owners
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RC8 Owners  (Read 745 times)

Offline pipeous

• Just go outside already!
    • View Profile
RC8 Owners
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:14:08 PM »
For those of you considering buying an RC8 buggy, you need to make sure whether you have a first run buggy or not.You can tell the first run because there is no washer on the little screws that hold the suspension pins in. That's the easiest thing to tell. If you do have a first run, then send into Associated for your free service pack. It includes a number of things to update including the 4 hinge pin retainers, lower arms and the steering plate. The steering plate breaking was due to the plastic....

Some people, like myself, just added washers to hol the hinge pins but the metal retainers aren't heat treatedlike the new ones and bend easily.... Associated has released an aluminum upper steering plate but it still gets bolted to the plastic lower one, same deal with the Kings Headz part....

Now the best solution :D

Golden Horizon has just finished a full line of parts for the RC8. All the parts are beautiful machining, and come in black, copper and titanium. I just got the titanium upper and lower steering plate (I'll take pics in a moment and post them up).... the aluminum is top quality and has been xrayed for stress points by an independant company to ensure quality... because of this they are offering a guarantee like no other LIFETIME GUARANTEE.... They also have parts for other makes and models, some aren't listed on the site yet, but you can get this same awesome guarantee, and being located in Richmond means supporting a local business

I can't wait for the rest of my parts to come in... and the prices are more than reasonable
http://ghhobby.com/

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Tips and Tricks  |  RC8 Owners

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.059 seconds with 15 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx