gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

RC Pitstop is located @ 5501 204th st Langley #125 come see us today !! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152155748145255.1073741828.208179670254&type=3

gfx gfx
gfx
95691 Posts in 10285 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 August 17, 2018, 11:35:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
spent most of the day working on it today and made some good progress. i now have the transmission finished, the center bulkhead is bolted in, brakes are mostly figured out, and the driveshaft is cut to length. i started making a pilot shaft, however didnt get very far on it, just enough to do some more mock up for pics.

hoping to get both pilot shafts made tomorrow and finish the 2nd clutch bell off.

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 10:52:09 PM »
havent had a lot of time again, but i did manage to get some more machining done tonight. the slots are now in the chassis and the motors are mounted.

it was time to put a little more of the car together to figure some more stuff out. the fuel tanks and throttle servo are just sitting in place right now

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
ive had some questions about the milling machine im using, i figured id post some pics and a video of it cutting my top plate.

the rear portion of my top plate after cutting

everything i got cut today. the top left is my intake manifold and manifold adapter, a brake spacer, and the top plates.

the top chassis plates sitting on the car

and as a bonus i thought id post a video of the mill cutting the rear section of the top plate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2TsiY1-ew

Offline dashman

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »
Nice work!!
Very clean looking build.
What are you thinking in terms of exhaust system?

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
thanks. havent put too much thought into exhaust yet. id like to do dual exhaust out the back but itll be far too long and kill high rpm power.

Offline the flying mudman

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • OutlawRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
Dual side exhaust man! That would be sweet. Two bada$$ pipes in front of one or both tires??!!!
OutlawRC

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
im actually thinking about dumping the exhaust under the left side of the car. kinda hard to see in the pics but there is a channel in the plastic. i could bring the exhaust down there and the headers would end up the right length and i can get mufflers in to do that.

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »
sorry for the lack of progress guys, work has been taking all my time up lately. i didnt even get a chance to so much as look at the car for 2 weeks. the project isnt dead (i have been asked by some), its just been at the back of my mind

i got some small things done the past few days, but nothing pic worthy on their own. im hoping to have the rest of the machining and fitting on the big stuff done before the weekend so i can get it all coated. look for an update early next week.

Offline B

• Need's a life!
  • you got me "rollin" and I can't stop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »
No worries man, this is a great build, and worth the wait for your efforts.  Nice machining and cutting..... >:D

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »
well not the big update i was hoping for. i tried to get all the parts powder coated this weekend, turns out the blue powder i thought was going to match the traxxas blue was too far off. i had to order some other powders and hope to have them by the end of the week.

none the less i do have some pics

thats the new brake setup. im now using savage dual red fiber discs. those brakes are strong enough to do a complete front flip with my extended chassis savage, they should be plenty of braking to stop this car.

the receiver battery and aluminum hold down. the battery is a turnigy LiFe 1450mah, no need for a regulator with it. the hold down is pocket milled so it sits down on the battery, no way it can come out of there.

i did get some parts coated. flywheels and clutchbells are done in semi gloss black and the top plates are chrome smoke, its a very close match to the factory chassis and top plate.

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »
powder coating is now finished and the car is going together for the final time.

still waiting for a few parts to show up to build the throttle and brake linkage, and i need to build some brackets for the telemetry rpm sensors.

Offline SRIslash

• Need's a life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 11:27:31 PM »
Beauty job Sharky !! That is great thinking, I love twins on anything
Axial Custom Dingo   Axial SCX Tuber
Slash MM 1415         Losi XXT VXL
Sprint2 cc1406          Fightercat CF twin
Miss Geico CC1515    NQD Mod Jet
Mono CC1415           Flat bottom drag boat

Offline the flying mudman

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • OutlawRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Beauty job Sharky !! That is great thinking, I love twins on anything

Yeah, especially women  O0
OutlawRC

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2013, 11:38:01 PM »
ive been slowly picking away at it and im almost done.

at this point its very close to done. the linkage is all done, exhaust is done. im not entirely happy with the exhaust, however i was limited on space so i had to compromise a bit. it comes out in the channel under the car as you can see in the underside shot of the car. i still havent built mounts for the telemetry rpm sensors, and i havent hooked servos or put the temp sensors in, so i still have a few things to do. i also need to figure out a starter box, the one i have isnt going to work out (associated for nitro tc3, set up for a sideways mounted motor). i tried it on an ofna pink starter box, also doesnt look promising. im hoping i dont need to build my own starter box for this beast.

Offline SCRPNBY

• Card caryin' RC lover
  • LMRCC Scale board member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 03:11:25 PM »
Awesome rolling art....any idea of speed potential? Can't wait to see it running.
TF2
Wraith
SCX10
Clod Truggy
Trail Trekker
MiniZ
Slash 4x4 lcg
Nichimo Spirit FF

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.116 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx