gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

For Forum sign up please send me your info, like user name with one alternate in case it's taken. Email adress, and I'll sign you up till we get the bugs out with the spammers. wes@rcpitstop.com

gfx gfx
gfx
95682 Posts in 10278 Topics by 1076 Members - Latest Member: slash31 May 26, 2018, 10:49:01 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »
i calculated the gear ratios for a target of 65mph at 24000 rpm. i have run the 4 stroke a bit higher than that at 26500rpm. i also based it all around one engine when i started the build, so i more than likely will have to re-gear it for more top speed, however whats in here will be a great test for the car.

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

well, it was for 20' anyways. got it running today, both engines fired real nice. i guess i forgot to loctite the screws on the left side engine mount, they fell out right away and stripped the spur gear. i did get a video, not much to see but at least it gives an idea what this beast sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbSdmzfzSw&feature=youtu.be

and here is a picture of it sitting next to my dads nitro funny car. it also fired up today, but didnt hasnt seen the pavement as of yet

Offline Sharkey

• postaholic
    • View Profile
Re: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »
got some more time in with it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNfOo5lp04&feature=youtu.be

still have some kinks to work out. i noticed one carb was binding up due to the angle of the linkage so i was limited to around half throttle. the transmission also wouldnt shift, might be due to lacking full throttle, may just need some adjusting.

Offline dashman

• Card caryin' RC lover
    • View Profile
Re: Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
Awesome build !!!
Definitely one of a kind  8)

forums.rcpitstop.com  |  In The Pits  |  Readers rides  |  Traxxas TWIN Nitro XO-1 *now running*

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.137 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx